Our Direct Client is looking to hire a Voice Interconnect Engineer.
Position : Voice Interconnect Engineer
Location : Littleton CO 80120
6 Months Contract-to-hire Role
seeking a Voice Interconnect / Traffic Engineer with deep understanding of voice traffic, VoLTE and Switched PSTN Voice Call Flows, and a full range of features and functions including long distance/toll calling, international, E911, toll-free, CALEA, etc. This person will identify and recommend network architecture, requirements and specifications for mobile voice traffic. This person will have a thorough working knowledge of voice and signaling protocols including SIP and SS7, industry standards and associated requirements.
Dish intends to work with 3rd
parties to provide voice services, hence this Voice Interconnect / Traffic Engineer will be responsible for evaluating and performing detailed evaluation of service providers capabilities and performance.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Dish Wireless Team to develop requirements and specifications to deliver reliable voice services to Dish customers over the new Dish 5G network.
- Forecast traffic loads and determine interconnection changes including establishing voice peering arrangements.
- Understanding of traffic engineering e.g., Erlangs, CCS.
- Ability to evaluate and manage all aspects of potential service provider relationships.
- Establish success metrics to evaluate and manage 3rd party service providers including SLA and KPIs.
- Implement Best Practices for voice traffic engineering, LCR and dimensioning circuits.
- Assess system architectures including reliability and redundancy requirements.
- Support transport/traffic engineering portions of network projects such as voice traffic, E911, and IP based technologies.
- Evaluate CALEA interface, call flow model and the service providers’ implementation of this function.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- 8 + years Telecommunications Network experience.
- Strong understanding of mobility network architecture, infrastructure components, voice traffic engineering.
- Understanding of Signalling protocols including SS7, DSC, SIP, SBC and others.
- Experience designing and implementing connections for the PSAP facilities and E911 calling.
- Analyzing new network requirements, deployments, augmentations, bandwidth upgrades and software upgrades.
- Excellent writing skills with ability to write detailed technical specifications, define KPIs and manage in a complex environment.
- Understanding of 4G and 5G technologies
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to delivery in fast-paced high volume environment supporting aggressive targets
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree desired; advanced degree preferred