Proposal Manager - Senior AssociateReports to:
Proposal Senior Manager Location:
< 5%Start Date:
: Public Trust
The Proposal Team is looking for someone who can multi-task, is organized, can handle rapid deadlines, and who has a strong drive to quickly handle increased responsibilities. With limited managerial direction, this position will collaborate with Business Unit VPs, program managers, and other client delivery personnel to provide proposal leadership, writing support, and overall direction. The proposal manager has responsibility for all aspects of the proposal process as well as maintenance activities. The proposal manager plans and manages the process and timeline for responses to RFP/RFQ/RFIs; leads proposal strategy kickoff meetings and color reviews; and supports capture planning. The Proposal Manager will report to the Proposal Senior Manager in the Arlington, VA office.
· Working with a variety of colleagues with varying levels of proposal experience – including executive level), and managing a team through the proposal process with little direction (e.g., capture planning and win theme development; assembling proposal teams; liaising with technical staff and teaming partners; leading kickoff, storyboard, and review meetings)
- Analyzing and interpreting requirements of federal procurement solicitations
- Creating materials for proposal kickoff meetings such as agenda, outline, compliance matrix, proposal template and proposal schedule
- Work closely with business development team to support capture planning activities, such as competitive analysis and client research
- Facilitating bid/no-bid decision meetings
- Developing, refining, and improving overall proposal development processes
- Leading color reviews (Pink, Red, Gold) and making recommendations for content improvement and/or compliance
- Writing non-technical proposal content (management, personnel, past performance)
· Developing a current understanding of client’s service offerings and experience
- Editing and proofing proposal content; consolidating, rationalizing and incorporating reviewer/SME comments
- Ensuring response is compliant, compelling, and all client requirements are met
- Proofreading and editing proposal content for clarity, proper grammar, spelling, and style
- Developing and/or overseeing the timely development of high quality, high impact proposal graphics
· Building and maintaining a central knowledge base for proposals/proposal content
· Collaborating with members of the marketing, finance, legal, and contracts teams to ensure content is complete, accurate, and timely
- Qualifying, validating and editing resumes to meet candidate qualification requirements
- Desktop publishing for proposals in MS Word to ensure proposal documents are properly formatted, compliant with RFP requirements, easy to read, and visually appealing (strong skills in Microsoft Word styles and formatting)
- Soliciting inputs from and/or interviewing technical subject matter experts (SMEs) and drafting compelling proposal content
· Developing tools and processes to simplify proposal/presentation development
· Assisting with proposal formatting and production
- Working extra hours to meet proposal deadlines as necessary during busy periods
· 3-5 years of experience in proposal management and development, proposal writing, or technical writing and/or communications writing
· 3+ years in technology, consulting, or other professional services industry
- 3+ years working for a federal government vendor
- Knowledge of federal procurement life cycle and government contracting industry
- Experience adhering to Shipley capture and proposal processes (color reviews, etc.)
· Experience with FBO (Federal Business Opportunities)
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities with minimal supervision in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Compiling/drafting materials for proposals, quotes, and other responses
- Creating PowerPoint decks for oral presentations or client briefings
· Initiative, self-motivation, and a proactive approach to workload
· Ability to work in a collaborative team environment/be a team player
- Strong editing/proofreading skills
- Ability to work with colleagues (including executive level) with varying levels of proposal experience and maintain courteous and professional working relationships
- Proven ability to analyze and successfully resolve tough problems
- Excellent writing skills (two writing samples required with application)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat
- Some graphic skills, experience with InDesign, Illustrator, and Visio
· Above average organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- B.S. or B.A. preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, English, Communications, Journalism, or Human Sciences
· Experience with Privia a plus
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.