Our direct current client is looking to add a Senior Unix/Linux Systems Administrator to their team. In this role you will also provide leadership and guidance to a small team. This role supports core technologies essential to the client’s enterprise server deployment, management infrastructure and end user computing services. This is a 3+ month contract to hire opportunity but possible direct hire options may be an option.
These technologies include the configuration management, orchestration and provisioning engines such as Ansible and Puppet, DNS and DHCP network services, Linux operating system, enterprise monitoring and SIEM, and Cisco UCS Hyperflex. Amazon Web Services products - EC2, RDS, Route53, S3, Glacier, Lambda, Cloudwatch, VPC, and EFS.
Technical responsibilities of this position include; architecture recommendations, implementation and integration, process automation, performance analysis, security review, capacity management, upgrade planning, and problem resolution for end-to-end service components. Current components include server, storage, and Fibre Channel networking hardware, VMware hypervisor and Linux operating systems, and specialized appliance and software solutions. Support responsibilities include regular operation, log monitoring, maintenance, account administration, access review, second level end user support, creation of documentation and training materials, change coordination, and investigation of security incidents.
In addition to specific support of assigned systems and services, this position shares joint responsibilities of the Systems Support group including rotating on-call duty for 7x24 response to system faults, service threats, and urgent support requirements.
- Server architecture and implementation - Analyze requirements and create system architecture design. Plan, install, test and integrate new VMware and Linux-based application systems and provide expert support through all stages of the server lifecycle.
- System operation and maintenance - Develop and perform procedures for regular maintenance including periodic review and analysis of logs, capacity and performance metrics, and security status. Ensure system monitoring 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and respond to service threats in a timely manner. Test and apply software patches. Update inventories and reconcile regularly to maintain appropriate backup and monitoring coverage.
- User support and account management - Respond to daily user requests and problem reports. Process authorized access change requests and perform regular entitlement reviews. Provide documentation, second-level support, and expert consultation to end users and technical support colleagues.
- System development and improvement - Investigate, evaluate and test new software releases and products to keep pace with technology advancement and better achieve organizational goals. Automate time-consuming and repetitive tasks. Introduce changes and standards to optimize performance, service availability and resource utilization.
- Shared systems administration responsibilities - Participate in on-call rotation for general systems support and other duties as assigned. Contribute to integration, central management and procedural improvement efforts to maintain and enhance the systems environment.
- VMware ESX administration including HA, DRS and VMotion
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration
- General UNIX administration including common packages and services such as Apache,
- LDAP, NFS, iptables, SAMBA, and Sendmail
- DNS administration
- Open source software compiling and installation
- UNIX shell scripting
- Fibre Channel SAN administration
- Enterprise backup administration; Veeam Backup and Replication and AWS
- Backup preferred
- Enterprise monitoring; Solarwinds Orion and AWS Cloudwatch preferred
- RHEL 5, 6 and 7 administration, Windows Server 2012 and 2016 administration
- Database administration - Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and/or MySQL
- C, C++ and/or Python programming
Again, this is a 3+ month contract to hire opportunity but possible direct hire options may be an option. NO Agency or 3rd parties please.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.