Senior DevOps Engineer to support public cloud related activities inside Oracle Public Cloud. The successful candidate will be responsible for traditional day-to-day management of the infrastructure, platforms and applications including the provisioning, automation, testing, configuration, monitoring and maintenance. This individual will also help to ensure the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of their services.Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, install, configure, analyze, tune, and troubleshoot operating system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Configure and assist in the design of system and network security.
- Manage hardware, software, and utilities for installation, modification, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Monitor and analyze resource usage to recommend/develop enhancements to system capabilities and performance.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and integrate systems into the computing environment.
- Document systems infrastructure for users, support and consulting personnel, and developers.
- Train personnel who provide support and consulting services to users.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Respond to and assist in production operations in a 24/7 environment
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of Linux (preferably Centos/RHEL/Oracle Linux)
- Knowledge of networking, concepts, architecture and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known DevOps tools like Git and GitHub
Pluses (Familiarity in any of the following)
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or related field or directly related year to year experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Linux and Windows Administration
- 3+ years’ experience working in a public cloud based environment (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Expert in code deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, and Chef).
- Expert in software-automation production systems like Jenkins or Selenium.
- 5+ years of experience in computer system evaluation, integration, installation, operational administration and support
- Oracle Public Cloud
- Red Hat Ansible Tower