Atrilogy’s direct client is seeking a Director of Payroll and HRIS to join their collaborative team. This position is a full-time, direct hire role. Hybrid-Remote; on-site in north Phoenix 2-3 days a week.
The Director of Payroll and HRIS is responsible for leading all aspects of the internal payroll and human resources information system (HRIS) functions. This includes development and implementation of organizational policies, practices, and systems; processing payroll; and related reporting to various external entities and integrating payroll resulting from acquisitions. Provides organizational thought leadership, ensuring compliance with payroll, HRIS, and related employment regulations. Provides leadership, guidance and professional development to staff and ensures that the department is adequately suited to support the current and future needs of the business
- Ensures compliance with applicable labor laws, payroll laws and regulations, and federal, multi-state and local payroll tax regulations.
- Fulfill reporting responsibilities, including submission of required tax filings, statutory reports, garnishments, legal responses, tax remittance and payments.
- Interprets company policies affecting payroll procedures, benefits, and compensation reporting, seeking to maximize efficiencies.
- Operates in a continuous improvement environment by recommending and designing system enhancements or modifications in collaboration with the IT team, Accounting team, Human Resources, internal, and external legal counsel to support the company’s growth initiatives.
- Serves as point person and resident expert regarding legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting payroll, payroll tax and garnishments, and HRIS.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors compliance of the payroll, and organizational policies and procedures to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Provides guidance to Senior Leadership and Business Unit Leaders on all payroll and HRIS matters, including best practices and industry-accepted standards. Proactively plans and provides support for all components of payroll and HRIS systems including multiple inbound and outbound interfaces as well as time keeping systems and processes.
- Leads organizational changes related to payroll processing, and system enhancements, including leading any required training as new processes are rolled out to the organization.
- Manages vendor relationships and contractual agreements for payroll and HRIS.
- Presents payroll and labor analytics, trending updates and customized reports on a regular basis to Senior Leadership.
- Ensures payroll transactions are properly classified and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and audit requirements.
- Manages internal and external regulatory filings and audits related to payroll, employee benefits, liability insurance and payroll tax with a high focus on compliance and customer service.
- Establish/maintain a high-performance team of professional, motivated, and engaged staff utilizing effective training, performance management and career-development activities while leading them to achieve established business results and performance metrics.
- Recognizes and rewards employee contributions and achievements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required.
- 8+ years of progressive payroll, supervisory and leadership experience.
- Multistate payroll experience required.
- Payroll Certification required.
- Expert knowledge of State and Federal Regulations as it relates to Payroll, tax regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Practical experience in Human Capital Management systems design and deployment.
- Ultimate Software experience preferred.
- Experience working in a close team environment and providing project management/leadership for various projects and initiatives.
- Proven ability to interpret, communicate and apply knowledge of tax implications on payroll as well as garnishments, payroll rules and regulations and legal compliance practices.
- Ability to identify areas of inefficiencies, develop, and implement process improvement initiatives in the payroll, HRIS and accounts payable areas.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written including the ability to give clear direction to others and the ability to deal with a variety of personalities in a professional manner
- Ability to influence without authority in a matrix environment.
- Ability to analyze, identify and resolve problems effectively.
- Ability to apply judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to achieve simultaneous objectives both independently and as a collaborative team member.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.