A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group is in search of an AWS SysOps Administrator
to join their team in Phoenix, AZ. The SysOps Admin will provide a high level of quality technical support, event monitoring and recovery services for client-critical systems hosted both on premise and in the AWS Cloud
: AWS SysOps Administrator
: Phoenix, AZ (Partial remote)
: 4 Month Contract to Hire
You will maintain information technology service, functionality, and end user satisfaction by coordinating, monitoring, maintaining and assisting with the resolution of escalated issues for applications/services, servicers, networks and cloud services. The Cloud SysOps Administrator role is responsible for providing operations support for cloud services through monitoring, incident response, and incident resolution for production applications and infrastructure deployed in the cloud environment.
In this Job you will:
- Current scheduling – 3x 11.5 hour and 1x 6.5 hour shifts
- On-site rotation bi-weekly. Remote Bi-weekly.
- Leverage cloud watch and cloud platform monitoring solutions and services for both on-premise and AWS infrastructure.
- Monitor cloud infrastructure to ensure availability and performance SLAs are met.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with cloud infrastructure working closely with Operations, DevOps, Application and Cloud Engineering teams.
- Suggest and perform tuning when needed.
- Perform root cause analysis on incidents.
- Follow incident, change, release, and problem management processes.
- Provide backup and recovery support for cloud resources including executing disaster recovery procedures and supporting disaster recovery testing.
- Monitor and report on compliance programs.
- Collect, aggregate, analyze and report on metrics collected.
- Clean up and decommissioning of unused or uncompliant resources.
- Use ansible to support OS patching
- Perform account access and tagging management.
- Create monitoring modules for CloudWatch
- Coordinate bridge calls for remediation efforts and drive resolution
- Mentor and train technicians to perform cloud administration tasks
- Team-player with a PASSION for technology and continued professional knowledge advancement.
- Excellent documentation skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite administration
- Proven track record in providing strong multitasking skills in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Education or professional experience supporting Unix/ Linux flavors related to systems administration, maintenance, troubleshooting & monitoring.
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Services.
- Familiarity with entry level scripting (i.e, terraform, ruby, pearl, python, etc) to provide troubleshooting.
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, and an ability to take advantage of provided tools/resources for continual learning is a must!
- Strong background in troubleshooting and applying critical thinking methods to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years IT/IS operations experience.
- Conceptual understanding of software development/coding experience
- Concept understanding of Coding in Python, Ruby, JSON, etc
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment.
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving.
- Results oriented.
- Mentors and coaches colleagues and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.