A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group is looking for a Transport Voice Engineer to join their team in Littleton, CO. This person will identify and recommend network architecture, requirements and specifications for mobile voice traffic. This position will sit 100% onsite in Littleton, CO.
Location: Littleton, CO (100% Onsite)
Duration: 6-month contract to hire
Transport Voice Traffic Engineer with deep understanding of VoIP and Switched PSTN Voice Call Flows, and a full range of features and functions including long distance/toll calling, international, E911, toll-free, CALEA, etc. This person will identify and recommend network architecture, requirements and specifications for mobile voice traffic. This person will have a thorough working knowledge of voice and signaling protocols including SIP and SS7, industry standards and associated requirements.
Our client intends to work with 3rd parties to provide voice services, hence this Transport Voice Interconnect Engineer will be responsible for performing detailed evaluations of service providers' capabilities and performance.
- Work with the Transport Team to develop requirements and specifications to deliver reliable voice services to customers over the new 5G network.
- Evaluate future traffic loads and determine interconnection changes, including establishing voice peering arrangements.
- Ability to evaluate and manage all aspects of potential service provider relationships.
- Establish success metrics to evaluate and manage 3rd party service providers including SLA and KPIs.
- Implement Best Practices for VoIP and data traffic engineering, LCR and dimensioning circuits.
- Assess system architectures including reliability and redundancy requirements.
- Support transport/ traffic engineering portions of network projects such as VoIP traffic, data sessions, E911, and IP-based technologies
- Evaluate CALEA interface, call flow model and the service providers’ implementation of this function.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- BS in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 + years Telecommunications Network experience
- Must have a strong understanding of data and VoIP network architecture, infrastructure components, Ethernet, fiber optic transport and data traffic engineering.
- Detailed understanding of signaling requirements to include SS7, DSC, SIP, SBC and others
- Experience designing and implementing connections for the PSAP facilities and E911 calling.
- Have implemented and have a detailed knowledge of various OAM&P platforms (EMS/NMS)
- Familiarity with Optical Networks, OTN, DWDM, ROADM, SDH, SONET, optical transmission technologies, Ethernet, Wave, Switching, Routing, Data Networks, DCN, and Synchronization of optical networks
- Analyzing new network requirements, deployments, augmentations, bandwidth upgrades and software upgrades
- Ability to write detailed technical specifications, define KPIs and manage in a complex environment.
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately.
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, high volume environment supporting aggressive targets.
- Advanced degree preferred.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. Local candidates only please unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.