Our end client is looking for a Software Engineer II to join their Dunwoody GA team on a contract-to-hire basis. Amazing, stable and growing organization offering cutting edge technology, stellar benefits!!!
Responsibilities / Qualifications:
- Diagnose and Resolve problems around database performance, Data Lake performance, capacity, replication.
- Proactively monitor AWS environments or databases for errors and respond quickly and effectively to troubleshoot and resolve DB on-going issues on all CAI environments DEV/QA/PROD.
- Coordinate and schedule DB downtimes to perform DB maintenance procedures. i.e. DB patching, upgrades, etc.
- Design and Implement Backup and Recovery strategies using technologies used at CAI: Backup/Recovery tools for DataLake or other AWS storage.
- Manage/Monitor/Utilize Cloud Technologies: Athena, Lambda, MySQL, AWS RDS, S3
- Assist with ETL solutions for Snowflake, Redshift or DMS.
- Perform advanced database administration activities including but not limited to: DB Performance Tuning, Backup and recovery and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Communicate effectively with other CAI groups gathering requirements for developing, tuning or supporting existing applications.
- Analyze existing systems and make recommendations on which technology best suits the business requirement for high availability, disaster recovery or high performance, on prem or in the cloud.
- Work independently or with other CAI teams to design or participate in functional/performance tests.
- Create/update CAI’s database documentation about standard processes, AWS/DataLake technology features, or production issue troubleshooting.
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise.
- Work with development teams to deploy code in production when needed.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in Microsoft Windows/ SQL Server Technologies, .Net development, AWS Administration.
- Experience working on 24x7 environments oriented towards a zero downtime target.
- Working knowledge or previous administration of SQL 2016-SQL 2022 and Windows Server 2012+ preferred.
- Experience with ETL in AWS, a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, in a team environment.
- Performance tuning for AWS/DataLake systems.
- Some Experience with SQL in virtual, physical and cloud-based environments.
- Experience with Athena and data modeling for cloud technologies.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies.
- Experience with Administration, Security/Identity Management and Terraforms in AWS.
- Experience with SentryOne, a plus.
- Ability to code Powershell commands and maintain code in GitHub, a plus.
- Some Experience with Metabase and Collibra, a plus.
Are you ok with H1B's?
Target Years of Exp: 3-5
Top 5 Must Haves:
Architecture in AWS (Security/Identity Management)
Monitoring AWS systems(Security/Identity Management)
Managing a Data Lake
Experience with ETL in AWS
Performance tuning for AWS/Data Lake systems.
Ability to work with minimal direction, in a team environment.