Our direct client in the consumer goods industry for a Sr. Windows PCs Desktop / Client Support to work at their location in Shelbyville, TN 37160. This is 6-month+ contract.
Senior Windows PCs Desktop / Client Support Specialist
Location: Shelbyville, TN 37160
Duration: 6-month contract
Responsible for and provides support for IT inventory management functions. Maintains records and databases containing information regarding warranties and service agreements for the organization's hardware and software. Reviews Asset and Configuration Management processes and makes recommendations for improvements. Responsible for training all Asset and Configuration Management practices to ITIL users as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create assets as required per the asset management process.
• Updates and administers asset database, tracking life cycle of all assets
• Strong attention to detail on every single service request
• Monitor support ticket queue, working tickets to remediation
• Resolve discrepancies identified in asset management database
• Conduct inventory audit(s) and develop process and procedures to ensure accuracy
• Ensure that IT purchases and disposals are conducted in line with corporate policies
• Report on life cycle management of assets
• Facilitate audits onsite and offsite
• Fulfils orders and maintains inventory in the local stockroom
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
• Associate Degree in Information Technology, Business, or other related area
• 2 years or more of Information Technology experience in an IT environment
• Communications Skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments successfully
• Eager to learn and ability to absorb new techniques quickly
• Possess solid computer skills with high level proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience with Asset Management Systems preferred ServiceNow
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet applicable deadlines
• Knowledge of ITIL practices
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
For immediate consideration please respond with your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information.
Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please. LOCAL Candidates Only.