Atrilogy’s direct client is seeking a Systems Engineer to join their team in Phoenix, AZ. This is a hybrid, full-time, direct hire position.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for administering and maintaining core IT infrastructure/platforms and providing advanced day-to-day operational support and architectural oversight. This includes maintaining an environment for the delivery of all key line of business applications through on-site, colocation and 3rd party hosted infrastructure solutions.
Design, coordinate and communicate planned upgrades, enhancements and maintenance for servers, infrastructure, and network systems. Within the IT infrastructure domain, the Systems Engineer requires mastery of systems management, monitoring tools and methodologies, backup and disaster recovery systems management, security technology management, desktop/end-point tools and technologies to maintain images/libraries of applications, networking technology management, maintenance of Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and ITIL aligned best practices.
High level of proficiency in related IT-centric business processes such as change management, systems analysis and quality assurance are also required. Experience working within an agile framework is preferred but not required. Flexible work schedules are required due to on-call and maintenance related nighttime activities. This includes weekend activities when needed. These flexible schedules may include the necessity to work alternative hours outside of the traditional business workday.
- Provide advanced operational support for the IT infrastructure production environment.
- Provide advanced management of servers, operating systems, and IT support tools/technologies.
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in IT tools including monitoring, backups, malware control, remote access, inventory management/collection and other related tools.
- Configures IT infrastructure solutions to meet complex business and system requirements by leveraging recommended best practices, organizational governance, ensuring optimization of performance and minimizing risk.
- Manages system security and permissions in alignment with the IT Security and Compliance Team.
- Drives root cause analysis and follow up on related action items.
- Involved in the promotion of new infrastructure tools/systems through development, integration, and production environments.
- Coordinate patches and upgrades as necessary in servers and endpoints.
- Work with users and/or project teams to analyze business needs and develop requirements documentation and project plans.
- Comply with change control, development life cycle and release management policies and procedures.
- Maintains and monitors configurations of infrastructure and related systems to ensure end user success.
- Respond to escalated issues, conducts advanced troubleshooting/research, and reports on workarounds and resolutions per ITIL-management best practices.
- Drives standardization of operating system deployment methodologies.
- Drives standardization of application stack deployment methodologies.
- Serves as technical contact responsible for SLA delivery including infrastructure and application availability for IT systems.
- Provides input and architectural insight on technical direction involving aspects of IT Infrastructure.
- Acts as backup to other infrastructure engineers as needed.
- Provides recommendations on design and development of new systems/technology migrations and implementations.
- Responsible for delivery of IT metrics across all systems (i.e.: monitoring, patch management, malware control, etc.).
- Policy and procedure enforcement under the best practices established within the IT Department.
- Works with their counterparts to take ownership of and troubleshoot advanced infrastructure and application issues.
- Performs installation, configuration, administration, design and tuning of many infrastructure systems and applications (see skills below).
- May also serve in an advisory role on ongoing improvements and enhancements to IT infrastructure.
- On-call unless a planned vacation or PTO time has been communicated with their supervisor.
- Log incidents for any unplanned outages reported by the monitoring systems.
- Log incidents for maintenance tasks and/or configuration changes being performed in the IT environment.
- Escalates issues that cannot be resolved to the appropriate contact after gathering required details/analysis.
- Four-year degree or equivalent additional experience in a related discipline (e.g., information technology, computer science, business, engineering).
- 3-6 years of experience working as a Systems Administrator II or Systems Engineer II in a complex IT environment.
- Experience with implementing and managing complex IT environments.
- Adept at change management and release management policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Knowledge of ITIL V3 required.
- Implementation, configuration, and management of most of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019 R2
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 On-Premises
- Microsoft SQL 2012
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft SCOM
- Microsoft SCCM
- Active Directory
- DNS management experience required.
- TCP/IP and general network management experience required.
- Advanced level server OS troubleshooting, including advanced knowledge of the Registry, Service Management, Event Viewer, and advanced components.
- Experience with SAN/NAS disk systems required.
- Experience with hotfix/patch management systems required.
- Experience with Exchange forms, scripting languages and ITIL management systems preferred.
- Certifications in related technologies (MSP, MCSE, A+, CCNA, etc.) preferred.
- Advanced level experience with hypervisors including VMware and/or Microsoft Hyper-V required
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.