Atrilogy’s direct client is seeking a Director of Branch Accounting to join their Phoenix, AZ based team. This is a full-time, direct hire position, hybrid – REMOTE (on-site 3 days a week in North Phoenix).
Responsible for leading the design, implementation, testing, and continuous improvement of business and accounting processes, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, for home office departments, and other locations.
- Leads portions of the monthly close process, including preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, and financial analyses; ensuring that revenue is properly recorded in accordance with ASC 606; and completing the equitization and elimination process for consolidation
- Directs Accounting functions, including variance review, budgets, forecasts, audit preparation, etc.
- Leads the centralized accounting team and responsible for implementing consistent practices among client locations.
- Serves as the backfill for open centralized accounting positions, which includes supporting the monthly close process, as well as providing additional support to the centralized accounting team who cover multiple locations when needed.
- Prepares the monthly Management Business Review report and other support schedules in partnership with the Home Office Controller and Director of Corporate Accounting.
- Understands and enforces established policies and procedures.
- Manages special projects for both the accounting department and client locations, with a key focus on optimizing processes company wide.
- Key player in supporting company growth initiatives including training new staff at new client locations and integrating the client accounting function from business acquisitions. Also, instrumental in supporting the closure of client locations by transitioning responsibilities from departing staff.
- Recommends policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization while ensuring compliance with SOX and SEC requirements and industry-accepted practices.
- Performs system testing, spreadsheet testing, access reviews, reconciliation reviews, etc.
- Supports annual and quarterly audits (both internal and external)
- Actively supports remediation efforts regarding compliance issues, including but not limited to, SOX findings, Internal Audit findings and business-identified issues.
- Provides operational accounting guidance to executive management, including CFO and EVP of Operations.
- Collaborates regularly at a high level with leadership to support the rollout of new programs and overall client operations.
- Monitors the needs of the organization to determine necessary changes in the role of additional staffing needs. Manages staffing, training and performance of additional staff members as needed.
- Establish/maintain a high-performance team of professional, motivated, and engaged staff utilizing effective training, performance management and career-development activities while leading them to achieve established business results and performance metrics.
- Recognizes and rewards employee contributions and achievements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA/CMA/CIA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of accounting experience, public company experience preferred
- Strong understanding of business drivers and keys to efficient and effective processes
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP & SOX
- Proven ability to lead teams in a geographically distributed environment within a matrix leadership structure
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of personal computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook as well as prior experience with general ledger accounting systems. Experience with PeopleSoft preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to give clear direction to others and the ability to deal with a variety of personalities and skill levels in a professional manner
- Analytical skills required to identify and resolve problems effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential
- Ability to quickly assess situations and lead teams to logical, sound business decisions
- Strong customer service and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional decorum
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.