Our Direct Client is looking to hire a VP, Principal Architect – Data.
Role: VP, Principal Architect – Data
Location: 100% Remote (Los Angeles, CA)
Must pass a background/drug screen
We are looking for a candidate with a proven background defining data strategy and architecting solutions across Product and Technology Architecture for all data needs across the organization. As the Principal Data Architect, you will own the data architecture strategy, data architecture blueprints and roadmaps for both digital bank and business bank. We are looking for candidates with hybrid cloud experience including GCP, Azure and on-prem.
Principal duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and drive data architectural vision to support the new Digital Bank platform and continued modernization efforts
- Partner with the other Engineering and Product Heads to successfully deliver data platform capabilities from design to production
- Responsible for data architectural governance within Bank and aligning with broader bank holding company level data architectural governance practices
- Responsible for high level recommendation and validation process of all aspects of the data architecture including cloud solutions, bank technology stack, and 3rd party solutions.
- Identify enterprise data needs, from both internal and external sources. Establish appropriate data capture capabilities internally. Identify and manage data vendor relationships, and sourcing external data,
- Define the target architecture and infrastructure required to ingest, store, and access all sources of data including both structured and unstructured elements. Assess the role and tradeoffs of cloud vs. on-prem solutions. Partner with technology team to build out the needed components.
- Design solutions and processes where data ingestions and deployments are consistent, automated, and dependable. Minimize manual intervention.
- Work with Data Science and Data Engineering teams to implement solutions for new predictive and decisioning models, including both traditional models and advanced versions leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Work closely with other architects and engineers to recommend and design data solutions that meet customer needs
- Work with product engineering to conduct proofs of concept, demonstrations, and implement appropriate data solutions into production
- Work with application teams to understand their functions and needs, and design data solutions to enable end to end integration
- Lead and mentor the engineering team on design, technology, and best practices for the data platforms
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- 10+ years of experience in Financial Services or Financial Technology (FinTech) field
- 8+ years of experience in leading data architecture teams and architecting solutions
- 5+ years of hands-on data engineering and solutions implementation experience
- Proven experience managing the software development of highly available enterprise-level multi-tier applications and services utilizing tools and technologies including Kubernetes, distributed ledgers, java, and various databases in the cloud.
- Experience of cloud-based infrastructures – GCP and Azure.
- Experience with advanced data platforms, tools, and practices
- Experience in Fintech/Start up technology environment
- Familiar/experience in data governance tools and frameworks
- Proficiency in one or more programming and/or query languages
- Expertise in the latest thinking in DataOps, automation, data engineering, data stewardship, and technology innovation for the scaling and automation of Data Operations.
- Strong understanding of data governance approaches for both structured and unstructured data sources and for internal and supplier provided data.
- Strong understanding of the external data ecosystem, including data providers of various sizes.
- Broad knowledge of information technology, data/software development principles, emerging technologies, and project management techniques.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills
- Experience in influencing decision-makers, stakeholders, and team members
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support organizational plans
- Experienced in producing detailed technical design documentation
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with opensource governance, onboarding, and communities
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.