The Direct Client of Atrilogy Solutions Group is looking to hire a Staff Core Engineer in CO.
It's an Onsite role from day 1.
Staff Core Engineer
6 months to hire or Direct Hire
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
* Deploy and support core network functions across a cutting edge cloud native standalone 5G network.
* Engage with vendor personnel at Nokia and Mavenir to set up new services and features as well as upgrades.
* Participate in the investigation of innovative 5G technologies to improve the network virtualization infrastructure.
* Ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices.
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player.
* Participates in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas.
Skills and experience
A successful Staff Core Engineer will have the following:
* Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications or Electrical/Computer Engineering.
* 4-6+ years of experience working within the Wireless industry on either the carrier or vendor side of the house.
* Experience in implementing, integrating, and deploying solutions in the EPC (Evolved Packet Core).
* Hands-on experience with 5G core network design and implementation, including how 5G differs in scope and technology from previous generations.
* Knowledge and/or documented work experience in the following core functions: SMF / UPF / AMF / NRF / NSSF / PCF / UDM / AUSF / MME, SAEGW, SPGW, or ePDG.
* Cloud Native Architecture experience including microservices and containerization.
* Familiar with DevOps and CI/CD methodology.
* Proven work experience in 5G / CUPS / LTE.
* General understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, SRV6, TCP/IP, ICMP and load balancing