Atrilogy Solutions Group’s direct client is searching for Senior Data Engineer to join their team for a permanent position.
Position: Senior Data Engineer (100% Remote)
Location: Remote, Remote (Open to remote candidates in CA, AZ & Texas)
Duration: Full Time
- AWS or Azure or GCP (Any cloud)
- SQL, Python, R, Scala, SAS (Any data science programming languages)
- ETL, Power BI (Any BI tools)
- CI or CD background
Under minimal supervision will architect and lead the design and implementation of data analytics solutions to further advance the organization’s strategic goals. In collaboration with Business and IT partners, will support efforts in re-engineering, optimizing and advancing the organization’s data platform with modern analytics technologies that will address near-term and future business needs, and enable data-driven insights and decision making.
- Leads the technical delivery team and engages with organizational stakeholders (Business and IT) to design, develop and deliver end-to-end enterprise data analytics solutions to enable data-driven insights and decision making.
- Understands overall data landscape to architect, design and implement data solutions that support IT and business strategic priorities and success measures.
- Translates business requirements to technical solutions by applying technical knowledge and strong business acumen.
- Solves business problems and complex data requirements/challenges by incorporating standards and best practices into engineering solutions, and leveraging modern data science programming languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R, Scala, SAS) and Azure data and analytics services.
- Conducts data profiling, cataloging, and mapping of existing data sources to drive technical design and construct technical data flows.
- Leads the development and implementation of database designs (logical and physical) and data models (normalized and dimensional) to support the new analytics platform.
- Architects, designs, implements and maintains data ingestion/integration and end-to-end data pipeline processes using Azure technologies for a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional data sources/formats (structured, unstructured, and semi-structured) through various protocols (e.g., REST, SOAP, SFTP, MQ, etc.).
- Develops and maintains architecture artifacts and technical specifications for the new data analytics platform.
- Leads the agile delivery team and supports continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) and DevOps practices.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by associates assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified associates can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Consistently practices the Service Philosophy of “Put People First” exercising the Connect, Discover, Deliver & Wow components in every encounter with internal and external members, creating extraordinary experiences.
- Exhibits the Leaders at All Levels concept of Leading yourself, Leading Up, Leading across Teams, and Leading the Team.
- Utilizes personal Strengths to contribute to the Team and success, and exercises awareness of, and utilizes the strengths of others.
- Possesses knowledge of, and complies with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Effectively conveys information. Communicates with immediate supervisor and the team keeping others advised of progress and/or situations.
- Displays behaviour that matches the value of Mutual Respect by relating favourably at all levels within the organization.
- Supports and contributes to the strategic plan, mission, vision, and values.
- Maintains good housekeeping, safety and security measures.
- Displays professional appearance.
- Utilizes stress in a productive manner and works well under pressure.
- Cooperates with supervisor and with other associates. Projects good will and a positive image.
Complies with all policies, service standards, safety standards, procedural guidelines, and regulatory compliance, and completes all assigned training
- Has regular and predictable attendance which is essential.
Cares for equipment and follows proper guidelines for use.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology within a medium to large enterprise with complex business and IT environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer/Data Architect working with cross-functional teams (within IT and/or Business) and leading technical resources on enterprise level business intelligence/data analytics implementations using Azure cloud-based analytics platforms/technologies (including hands-on experience with Microsoft/Azure stack, e.g., Synapse, Data Factory, Data Bricks, Data Lake, Data Catalog, SSIS, SQL, etc., and NoSQL databases).
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in architecting, designing, implementing and maintaining data ingestion/integration and end-to-end data pipeline using Azure technologies for a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional data sources/formats (structured, unstructured, and semi-structured) through various protocols (e.g., REST, SOAP, SFTP, MQ, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience working with and developing database designs (logical and physical) and data models (normalized and dimensional) for data warehouse, data marts and operational data stores.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with data science programming languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R, Scala, SAS).
- Experience leading technical resources in an agile delivery environment with advanced knowledge of continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) and DevOps practices.
- Fluent and current on data analytics standards and best practices (e.g., design & implementation, data ingestion/integration, management, governance, security and privacy), emerging technologies and industry/market trends that can be applied to solution design and implementation.
- Experience with gathering functional and non-functional requirements from Business and IT stakeholders.
- Proficient with MS Office, Visio, data modelling tools (e.g., ER/Studio, Erwin, PowerDesigner).
- Self-motivated professional team player with excellent problem-solving ability (analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations); a creative mindset and superb interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (including the ability to communicate at various levels within an organization and to explain complex or technical matters in a manner suitable for a non-technical audience).
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related discipline.
- Azure Data Engineer Associate Certification preferred
- Prior experience in the financial services industry (e.g., banking, asset management, insurance, mortgage, consumer & business lending) and enterprise business/financial applications (e.g., ERP, CRM, banking, loan origination/servicing) preferred.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.