The Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst (BIRA) codifies business logic using SQL and produces visually appealing business intelligence for end users to consume. The Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst works with business stakeholders to identify reporting requirements necessary to improve visibility into their performance and areas of improvement. The Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst will interact regularly with internal business customers to capture and understand reporting and data service requests, they will help define and clarify requirements, propose, define, and develop appropriate solutions, and provide feedback to the reporting team. They will perform quality review of developed solutions and ensure proper user acceptance. This essential position provides the necessary feedback to grow our business and gain efficiencies. (This is a remote position.)
- Utilizes Tableau and other business intelligence tools to develop analytical content including reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc analyses and data sets. Supports end-user adoption of Tableau through trainings and creation of documentation.
- Codifies business logic in SQL to meet reporting requirements for all areas of operations.
- Collaborates with business unit owners to constantly improve work product, debug erroneous logic, and create new features in existing report packages.
- Utilizes relational database and data warehouse design skills to create an effective
- data model for efficient and robust historical and real-time reporting.
- Elicits requirements when necessary, using interviews and data analysis; defines requirements for and performs user-acceptance testing of new data in the data warehouse. Logs, tracks, and manages issues and requests in JIRA.
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Business Management, Information Systems and/or related preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with Business Intelligence, Analytics, Financial Reporting Data Warehousing technologies, and/or related required.
- Minimum 3 years experience utilizing proven requirements gathering and business analysis techniques required; must have a complete understanding of the business intelligence development life cycle including the ability to conduct interviews and gather the needs for desired outcomes for the BI solutions being built.
- Intermediate experience developing and maintaining relational databases (SQL Server preferred) required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience required:
- Writing and using advanced functions and formulas (e.g., lookup & reference, nested logical expressions, aggregation, etc.)
- Advanced Excel features (e.g., conditional formatting, data validation, pivot tables, external data connections)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word) and JIRA required.
- Working knowledge of Tableau highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business/financial analysis skills and technical aptitude.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- This position is considered light work - exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the employee sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer screen and extensive reading.
- May work evenings and/or weekends.