The direct client of ours is seeking a DevOps Engineer III to join their team in Las Vegas, NV
on a Direct Hire
The DevOps Engineer III is responsible for designing, building, maintaining and deploying infrastructure and deploying applications using automation and orchestration throughout the entire software development lifecycle. In addition, the role requires leadership skills and the ability to mentor team members.
Summary Essential Job Functions
- Supervises and participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, policies, systems and procedures to achieve long-range and annual goals, objectives and work standards.
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships to ensure effective service delivery and customer satisfaction; interacts with customers regularly to develop and refine requirements, gain agreement on solutions and deliverables, report on progress, monitor satisfaction, identify and resolve concerns and conflicts and seek cooperation, involvement and action to achieve mutual objectives.
- Supervises and participates in managing infrastructure projects; develops project feasibility and scope of work project boundaries, detailed project plans, milestones and deadlines.
- Coordinates the design, build, installation, maintenance and support of an effective, reliable interoperating infrastructure to promote the sharing of information and operations; oversees the monitoring of system and network performance; forecasts requirements and performs capacity planning studies; oversees maintenance and modification of systems to expand capacity and maintain operations to meet enterprise requirements; recommends the purchase and upgrade of server hardware and software.
- Deploys infrastructure as code and applications using automation and orchestration tools in both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Builds CI/CD pipelines while incorporating automated testing and vulnerability scanning.
- Monitors CI/CD builds while analyzing trends and making performance improvements to build times.
- Creates and deploys Helm charts.
- Develops and writes implementation plans for projects.
- Researches new tools and technologies and makes technical recommendations to management.
- Ensures that systems are hardened using cybersecurity best practices.
- Work closely with other Infrastructure teams, IT Security, QA and Development.
- Includes on-call responsibilities and working maintenance windows
- BS Degree and or equivalent work experience in a technical discipline.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Working experience using configuration management, automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible, Terraform or similar.
- Experience in building, managing and maintaining containerization platforms such as OpenShift or Kubernetes.
- Strong knowledge of Linux (RHEL) and some Windows.
- Experience with VMware virtualization.
- Experience in automating cloud deployments in AWS, GCP and/or Azure.
- Strong scripting background in Bash or Python.
- Able to utilize version control tools like Git along with a strong understanding of merging and branching code.
- Able to work in GitLab.
- Experience writing yaml and json.
- Must have a solid understanding and/or experience with Nginx, NodeJs, Apache Tomcat, and Apache HTTP.
- Familiarity with load testing and performance testing tools such as Telerik Test Studio or similar.
- Able to create monitoring dashboards using Grafana or similar.
- Familiarity setting up event monitoring and alerting in Prometheus, Solarwinds or similar.
- Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess excellent listening and communication skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Apache Kafka, Confluent, and ELK is a plus.
- Knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge and/or experience with load balancers such as F5 Big-IP.