A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group is in search of a IBM AIX Systems Analyst to join their team for a HYBRID ONISTE direct hire role in Kansas City, Kansas
You will be able to work from home approx 3 days per week.
Role: IBM AIX Systems Analyst (Only local candidates)
Duration: Full Time
Location : Kansas City, KS 66106
You will be working in the Retail Wholesale industry (90 years in business), working for a GREAT boss and working with an experienced team.
Client needs a person that is skilled in performing research, problem solving, trouble-shooting, and resolution of issues in the AIX server areas and Storage.
- 4+ years of AIX/IBM
- Jack of all Trades type of role,
- Automate things in AIX
- IBM Operating System
- Disk Storage (light exposure is OKAY)
The job will require working with different technical products.
Position Requirements: (client has some flexibility)
- 4 year degree and/or work experience. A combination of both is preferred
- Exposure to working with AIX Administration.
- Experience with AIX installs and configuration
- Knowledge and experience with IBM pSeries hardware and firmware
- Knowledge of server administration processes
- Proven strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good analysis, problem-solving and solution skills
- Ability to develop and drive improvements
- Creation of small project plans and a structure to execute the plan until completion
- Strong team player with the ability to be proactive
Drive Continuous Improvement in the AIX environment (50%)
- Monitoring of server environments with open source tools and then the capabilities to provide improvements to the environment based on workload.
- Installing patches, upgrades and other related software in a AIX environment
- Improving the Disaster Recovery capabilities of the AIX environment between Data Centers
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn new technologies and execute new skills
- Manage Live Partition Mobility (LPM) between multiple IBM PSeries servers.
- Manage Disk Storage allocation among servers.
Supporting a Production Environment and Assisting Teams on Requirements (50%)
Preferred Skills: (Client is flexible…PLUS SKILLS ONLY BELOW)
- Troubleshooting technical server issues using logical problem solving techniques
- Assist with resolution of incident tickets.
- Assist project teams to understand compute and disk storage needs.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
- AIX, SAN, Storage, Backups, ILMT
- Storage-SAN: Brocade, (BNA), SAN/NAV, Infinidat, IBM V7k+, 5+ yrs, (Installations, Admin, Service, troubleshooting, migrations, upgrades)
- Backup Software: 5+ years exp, Actifio preferred, Backup and restoring experience, incremental, (Installations, Admin, Service, troubleshooting, migrations, upgrades)
- Ability to teach others on team, Virtualization experience, VIO, NIM, Performance Tuning, Monitoring, HMC enhanced+ Interface GUI, LPM, Scripting, Security.
- Team Lead: Ability to teach others, Ability to keep work on track for team and to delegate work, Help to balance work loads, Monitor Technology usage, trends and versions
- ILMT/BigFix: 3-5+ years exp of Administration and Monitoring of Software classifications, Cloud-pak, Fixlets and Tasks, PVU, VPC subcapacity is a plus
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.