Our direct client is looking to hire a REMOTE LEAD Enterprise Data Architect for a direct hire/permanent hire position.
Client’s HQ is located in Kansas City, Kansas.
They prefer LOCAL candidates, however, will consider 100% REMOTE!
Must be able to work Central time zone
No Sponsorship Available
*** 5+ years Data Architecture experience in Data Management solutions that includes MDM, ODS and Datawarehouse over enterprise database systems in DB2, Cloud, Oracle, SQL Server or Open Source.
You will be working in the Retail Wholesale industry (90 years in business), working for a GREAT boss and working with an experienced team.
Client is NOT able to hire anyone from these states: CA, NY, NJ
- This is a technical leadership position understands big picture, know what data we have, where it is and how it fits together. Current in understanding data technologies and can apply that knowledge to organizations health plans on how it will leverage data. This position help create blueprint for the environments that are needed for data management and analytics.
- Leads or acts as a business technical expert in the data architecture/design of new or enhanced analytics including integration of solutions. Influences enhancements to business processes and system infrastructure to improve data quality availability and access.
- Provides oversight to data quality, data governance and provides feedback to various areas in order to improve service delivery and enhancement to design efforts. Develops a consultative relationship with internal/external customers
- This position is responsible for oversight and designing data models that enable the strategic objectives of the company
- The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for visualizing and designing an organization's enterprise data management framework. This framework describes the processes used to plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data
- Provide Data management and Analytics E2E (End to End) solution architecture that is scalable, reliable, portable and maintainable.
- Creates, implements and guides team of data analysts/modelers on Conceptual, logical and physical database design.
- Provide insight and direction from a data management perspective, assessment of impact on technology systems and participation in the full development lifecycle of the capability being delivered.
- Formulation and execution of enterprise data management strategies, aligning overall direction with business and IT
- Provides support through out the Data management solution delivery and production issues/defect as it is risen.
- Facilitating business and technical teams when necessary towards solution. This includes the education of each side on the strategic goals of the other
- Promoting and applying ‘Best in Class’ architecture best practices and standards at a project, program, and department level
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Document, review, recommend and change database models, schemas and T/PSQL.
- Makes technical decisions following established policies and procedures to ensure database availability.
- Collaborates with direct team, peer teams, management when complex system issues arise.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years Data Architecture experience in Data Management solutions that includes MDM, ODS and Datawarehouse over enterprise database systems in DB2, Cloud, Oracle, SQL Server or Open Source.
- Proficient in managing enterprise data assets related to all aspects of Analytics.
- Deep understanding of conceptual, logical and physical entity-relationship and data flow modeling
- Experience creating tables, views, stored procedures, T-SQL, dynamic SQL, indexes, and data constraints.
- Experience with data models, database design and development.
- Ability to interpret data and analyze results.
- Familiarity with ITIL is a plus.
- Proficient in creation of mapping documents that include tables, files, XML Schema’s – from source to target.
- Data Quality – Understanding of DQ concepts and familiarity with DQ tools and methods
- Ability to optimize and improve databases performance.
- TSQL development skills to assist programmers with query performance tuning.
- Ability to reverse and forward engineering of process/Database/various sources of data.
- ERWin Data modelling experience
- Mentor a team of Data Analysts, BI Developers and Data Developers. Assist with building out project plans including tasks and time estimates. Verify peer reviews, checklists, and standards are followed
- Data Governance Experience and Certification
- Possess or has made progress towards receiving a TDWI Certification, similar data management certification, or equivalent experience