Atrilogy’s direct client is seeking a Software Engineering Lead to join their team 100% REMOTELY. This is a full-time, direct-hire role.
The Software Engineering Lead is responsible for leading a staff of 5 to 7 who develops, implements, and maintains business application systems through an Agile software development methodology where we are driven to make a difference.
This role is responsible for developing and mentoring direct reports by setting relevant and measurable goals that facilitate successful performance and professional development. The ability to manage to the strengths of others while staying focused on results despite changing conditions is key to success in this role. The Software Engineering Lead must also bring a sense of urgency and have the confidence to handle a variety of challenges quickly in order to drive toward results. Collaboration is critical to this role.
The Software Engineering Manager often joins forces with Sr. Business Analysts and Architects on technology solution and delivery teams while staying closely engaged with the daily activity of their own team to deliver quality solutions within the agreed upon scope, schedule, and budget constraints. A leader who can build rapport across the organization and can motivate, train, and engage others in an enthusiastic way is important for success in this position.
- Directs and manages a development staff consisting of Business Analysts, Software/Report Developers, Application Support Administrators, and Quality Assurance personnel
- Establish/maintain a high-performance team of professional, motivated and engaged staff utilizing effective training, performance management and career-development activities while leading them to achieve established business results and performance metrics.
- Manages projects through the entire life cycle from needs analysis through development, deployment, rollout, training and transition to post-deployment support using agile methods.
- Coordinates with IT Management on cross-team projects, requirements, or resource needs
- Evaluates third party software to determine if it will meet business and operational needs and is compatible with existing operating systems and applications.
- Facilitates success on programs/projects by identifying and managing risks and controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations as well as managing and coordinating internal and external resources
- Leads and facilitates Sprint Planning and Sprint Daily Standup meetings, including managing team capacity, facilitating the identification of features / user stories the team accepts, and gaining team consensus to complete Sprint commitments
- Prepares program reports and presentations for Senior Management
- Leads efforts to continually improve processes and methodologies
- Recognizes and rewards employee contributions and achievements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field or equivalent experience
- 7 to 10 years of experience in relevant Information Technology roles
- Ability to manage and direct a team as well as work collaboratively with internal and external groups and key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Expertise with industry standard concepts, practices, procedures, and software development life-cycle methodologies
- Prior experience with Agile SDLC methodologies is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Web applications
- Strong project management skills
- Strong team leadership/collaborative leadership skills
- Strong negotiation skills, both internal and with outside vendors
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to manage multiple medium to large sized business functional projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain good communication with full time remote team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential
- Ability to maintain professional image and work environment
- Ability to effectively identify and gauge risks associated with program or projects
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.