Our end client is looking for Business Analyst V to join their team on a contract basis!!!
This role is fully remote but would need to work PST hours.
Job Title: Business Analyst V
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience and/or, specialized training to serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide solutions to meet user needs. Provides business analysis support for moderately complex applications, including analyzing and documenting business processes and translating user requirements to software development teams. May train or lead the work of others. Leads projects of moderate scope and complexity or serves as a technical advisor to project teams. Guidance is provided to perform varied work that is frequently difficult in character requiring some evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions. Resolves or recommends solutions to moderately complex problems. Extensive contact with internal customers is required to identify, research, and resolve problems. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adheres to established standards and maintains currency in business analysis practices, procedures and techniques.
• Consults with users to identify, analyze, refine and document business requirements.
• Coordinates project scheduling with appropriate entities.
• Develops and maintains project schedules and produces project reports and documentation.
• Develops conceptual design documents, including project definition, alternative solutions, scope of work, functional specifications, and logical skeletons for new systems.
• Follows up with internal clients about completed tasks to ensure client satisfaction.
• Identifies requirements for testing, develops test plans and scripts and coordinates test transmissions, as required. Tests software.
• May determine appropriate actions in emergency situations to ensure data is secure and available for use as soon as possible.
• May prepare project proposals and project plans.
• Provides training and may lead the work of others, as required.
• Reviews operational procedures and methods; maps current business processes; defines and analyzes business activities; identifies best practices; and recommends improvements.
• Serves as a liaison between end users and software development teams, including functioning as a subject matter expert (SME) in translating requirements to software development teams.
• Maintain currency in analyst skills.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills: 12+ Years’ Experience - Knowledge of: • Functional, operational and technical requirements of assigned project(s).
• Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
• Concepts, practices and procedures analyzing business processes.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• The use of technology in business.
• The relationship between IT and business.
• Core business competencies such as finance, management, accounting, operations, and marketing.
• More detailed awareness of the business context of a technical solution, including specific business goals associated with the project, how the project will meet the goals, and their own part in advancing the goals.
• General financial industry knowledge and knowledge of supported business area.
Skill in: • Business Analysis tools: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Software Engineering Methodology (SEM) process, Change Management, Project Management tools (MS Project), basic database query language usage, time tracking tools, Use Case / UML, advanced quality assurance (QA) tool usage for test case development, execution, and defect tracking/issue tracking software.
• Creating and interpreting process maps and flowcharts.
• Preparing various reports, summaries, surveys and written recommendations.
• Developing and maintaining project plans.
• Developing conceptual design documents, including devising logical skeletons for new systems.
• Conducting usability testing of software applications.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications Ability to:
• Ask pointed questions to verify clear understanding of client issues.
• Analyze a business function and derive a set of requirements to satisfy a general request.
• Take ownership of an aspect or task on a project with little to no assistance.
• Actively communicate technical and business aspects of work efforts to team members.
• Mentor other analysts when necessary.
• Champion a non-technical project improvement effort.
• Lead requirements gathering sessions.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Exhibit a positive attitude when dealing with others.
• Follow all internal procedures for handling customer requests.
• Communicate timely and through proper channels to keep customer and upper management informed of the progress of an issue.
• Take personal ownership of issues, following through to issue resolution.
• Attend to detail. • Analyze and solve logic problems. • In emergency situations, determine appropriate actions to protect critical systems and data. • Meet all deadlines created by management or clearly communicate to management the reasons the deadlines are not possible.
• Effectively organize and prioritize all tasks and responsibilities. • Participate in team projects and activities.
• Demonstrate flexibility in accepting and adapting to change.
• Clear, concise, grammatically correct oral and written communications, including SEM documentation. • Demonstrate appropriate frequency and level of detail in communications. • Escalate unresolved issues to others.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience Skills and Experience: