Peak17’s direct client is seeking a Help Desk Analyst
to join their team in Las Vegas, NV
on a 3-month Contract to Hire
||The Help Desk Analyst’s role is to provide information, assistance, training and technical support to end-users regarding the use of computers, networks and related peripheral hardware and software. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. This role may also include troubleshooting and resolution of a wide range of computer hardware and software problems, user account administration on a variety of platforms, and documentation of policies, processes, and procedures. This position will also provide administration and coordination of the service desk management tool.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit incident details from end users.
- Assess severity of issues and categorize and assign accordingly. Route severe incidents according to process.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in incident resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform remote fixes, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure incident has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future incidents.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Provide support and training to all end users on computer workstation operation, setup, configuration and other issues.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring computer workstation performance.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
- Coordinate, and schedule move, add, and change (MAC) requests as department managers submit them.
- Provisioning and deprovisioning of user accounts, systems, applications and network access.
- Completes regular reviews of system users to ensure users are authorized and provisioned properly.
- Perform routine security audits & other external compliance audits for all provisioned user accounts.
- Associates degree in computer science or related field and/or 1-2 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in computer hardware, operating systems, networking, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of computer workstation hardware, networking principles, business applications, and peripheral devices.
- Experience administering users and computers in a complex enterprise environment.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to present ideas in an effective manner to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated strong customer-service orientation.
Not Required, but Preferred:
- Microsoft certifications are highly desirable.
Physical requirements include:
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Availability to work various shifts, extended hours and to provide on-call support as required.
- Lifting, bending and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Visual acuity to read technical documents, computer screens and to accurately identify small parts and components.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.