Are you looking for an exciting, new career working for a global, industry-leader in infotainment and advanced connected car solutions?
Our direct client is looking to hire a REMOTE Staff Software Security Engineer for a permanent hire position.
** Must have exp with design and implementation of embedded security applications of an electrical product **
You can either work 100% REMOTE OR the client is willing to pay for relocation expenses to live in one of these main offices in:
Peachtree City, Georgia
Farmington Hills, MI
** No Sponsorship Available **
Responsible for assuring that our security solutions are successfully integrated into the product, on time with high quality to the customer. Provides direction to organization as related to security. Utilizes strong project management skills including planning, tracking to that plan, and communicating status to both internal and external customers. Oversee security testing work and be primary resource responsible for ensuring application security testing is thoroughly conducted. Responsible for technical leadership of 6 people, mentoring and technical objectives and roadmaps.
MUST-HAVES: (some wiggle room)
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of eight (6) years of experience; or a minimum of fifteen (10) years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics products.
- Some experience leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
- Proficient with C, C++, Python
- Experience in designing, developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment.
- Must have experience in design and implementation of embedded security applications.
- Experience integrating or developing one or more of the following or equivalent security solutions: Public Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS), cryptographic hash functions like SHA-1 or MD5, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Key management, securing attack surfaces, or defining and assessing threat models.
- Working knowledge of high-end embedded RTOS’s such as Linux, Android, etc.
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.
- Experience with Threat Assessments
- Experience with SE Linux policies
- Working knowledge of Android
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Performs security assessments of company products that may include vulnerability and risk assessments, threat analysis, and security code reviews to identify potential design and implementation vulnerabilities.
- Works with global software development teams/external consultants in the design and development of product security features including systems, applications and/or solutions.
- Integrates new security features and updates into existing products and ensures the security of all products is maintained throughout the product lifecycle.
- Provides product security engineering recommendations and resolves integration and testing issues.
- Builds a standardized set of security product requirements and produces metrics to report performance against those requirements. Reviews and defines security diagnostics and tools to facilitate the analysis and reporting of security events.
- Detects and mitigates security risks, responds to product security incidents, and works with customers regarding product security related issues.
- Leads security architecture and design review meetings between client, suppliers, and client’s customer and to track project status.
- Follows technical domain lead’s design direction for implementation, and applies best practices.
- Serves a mentor for junior level associates.