Are you looking for an exciting, new career working for a global, industry-leader in infotainment and advanced connected car solutions?
Our direct client is looking to hire a REMOTE Senior Android Software Engineer for a permanent hire position.
You can either work 100% REMOTE OR the client is willing to pay for relocation expenses to relo you to one of their main offices in:
Atlanta (Peachtree City), Dallas, TX, Farmington Hills, MI
** No Sponsorship Available **
Leads and develops Android and Linux software components for the E-Cockpit Domain Controller. Works with global software development teams to develop new features, debug defects and write test cases for unit testing. Will utilize strong project management skills including planning, tracking to that plan, and communicating status to both internal and external customers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads and/or participates in meetings between Client and suppliers, and Clients customers for design reviews and to track project status.
- Coordinates software development activities with other software teams and provides technical guidance to Middleware domain engineers.
- Collaborates with Middleware teams to analyze requirements, designs and maintains Middleware integration for infotainment projects with on-time and high quality deliverables to multiple customers.
- Responsible for delivering design documentation, code, and unit tests and meet production deadlines.
- Assures best practices and design patterns are used consistently and appropriately.
- Participates in in-vehicle software evaluations and analyzes requirements and develops interfaces to other modules.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (4) years of experience with full life cycle embedded software development in electronics; or 8 years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics.
- Experience integrating or developing solution with Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
- Experience with Android Framework, Android Native Services and AOSP build tools.
- Proficient with Java, C, C++ and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
- Experience with Linux usage and GNU build tools.
- Experience with Agile development process.
- Strong debugging skills. Proficient with GIT, Gerrit.
- Knowledge of vehicle power-moding, software update, and inter-processor communication serial protocols.
- Experience working with 3rd Party Software suppliers.
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.