100% REMOTE - Full-time/ Direct Hire
Role: SVP, Enterprise Data Insights
The Data & Analytics organization at our banking client
is seeking a Head of Enterprise Data Insights.
This highly visible role will be responsible for working with business and functional stakeholders to accelerate the production and use of valuable insights from data by modernizing our business intelligence platforms, solutions, operating models and data storytelling capabilities. This role will lead a portfolio of Business Intelligence (BI) products and services for Reporting, Data Visualization, Data Discovery and Ad-hoc Analytics. This will include third-party BI and data preparation technologies like Business Objects, Tableau and Power BI, Alteryx etc. and other analytics portals. Working closely with internal stakeholders such as business leaders, end users, and data analysts, this role will design, prioritize and implement product features. Partner with engineering teams who own core data infrastructure that BI Platforms rely on to ensure a seamless user experience and integrated governance processes. Define KPIs and goals for the BI function and establish key milestones for delivering measurable business outcomes. Communicate vision and progress against planned milestones and KPI targets to stakeholders at all levels of the organization. We are seeking a thought leader with deep expertise in data and analytics and a change agent with exceptional communication skills to deliver best-in-class BI capabilities and to foster data storytelling skills across our businesses and functions. This leader will bring strategic, analytical, technical, design thinking, agile planning, influencing and industry subject matter skills to drive desired outcomes through innovation and collaboration.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Vision and architecture: Define business intelligence capability vision, KPIs, goals, and architecture in alignment with overall data and analytics strategy
- Maturity model: Define a business intelligence maturity model. Develop and maintain a roadmap for capability maturity and solution delivery in alignment with strategic initiatives and business needs
- Team development: Attract top talent and build an industry leading team of business intelligence professionals with deep expertise in visualization and analysis of complex data sets. Manage, guide and motivate team to achieve goals through collaboration and innovation
- Platform development: Drive the delivery and adoption of new platform features and solutions through agile work prioritization and planning releases. Assess new business intelligence technologies, evaluate fit in ecosystem and migrate to new platforms/solutions with thoughtful planning and execution
- Report and visualization development: Plan and drive the delivery of enterprise wide reports and visualizations in alignment with business priorities. Establish and implement design standards to drive development consistency and efficiency
- Report rationalization: Create and maintain a complete inventory of all reports. Work with business stakeholders to structure, rationalize and simplify reports by reducing duplication and inconsistent use of metrics
- Process management: Define and communicate the intake process for platform/solution/report requests. Clarify roles and responsibilities and ensure adequate controls are built into the process. Build monitoring into processes and solutions to collect information regarding usage and performance and use this to improve processes and solutions
- Governance: Embed governance as part of the report development process and platforms and provide guidelines/standards to ensure governed data modeling, consistent use of data, appropriate data sourcing and lineage, maintainability of reports etc. Champion the creation and adoption of a metrics glossary for effective sharing and reuse of metrics
- Adoption and change management: Drive adoption of BI Platforms and solutions - organize demo days, user training sessions, send launch announcements, conduct customer satisfaction surveys etc. Provide regular updates to key stakeholders and executive management on progress, value delivered and challenges
- Security and privacy: Work with Privacy and Information Security teams to ensure that platforms, solutions and reports are complying with Data Privacy and Information Security policies
- Reporting community development: Establish a collaborative community of reporting and visualization development to share leading practices and continuously improve maturity and consistency of capabilities
- Adhere to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
- Comply fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
Skills and Knowledge
- Master's Degree Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics or other quantitative fields
- 10+ years of data/analytics experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role managing business intelligence teams
- Deep understanding of modern reporting and visualization platforms (Tableau, Sisense, Business Objects, Power BI etc.) and associated architecture patterns to balance and optimize governance, performance, scale, flexibility, maintainability, and cost
- Ability to build cloud based (Azure/AWS) reporting platforms/solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence senior leaders
- Deep understanding of databases and data model design to optimize performance and reusability – ability to do hands-on troubleshooting to identify bottlenecks or performance improvement opportunities
- Ability to build new teams and establishing collaborative working models with business teams and users to deliver reporting and visualization capabilities with a governed data model
- Ability to manage large projects, budgets and schedules to successful completion
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and demonstrated experience delivering business intelligence platforms and solutions in an iterative manner
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Pursuant to the Fair Chance for Hiring Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.