Our client is looking for an experienced Unix Systems Engineer II for a 3 month contract to hire or direct placement opportunity in Las Vegas.
This is not a remote position and would require onsite work on a daily basis.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The Unix Systems Administrator/Engineer II will monitor and maintain systems in a 24x7 highly-available production environment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and articulate, with expertise in Unix/Linux operating systems, related software technologies, and have a proven history of using enterprise administrative tools and automating routine administration tasks. Applicants should be driven, resourceful and be comfortable being the ‘go-to’ person for specific areas.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Ability to solve software issues that require research and interactions with a number of sources including the vendor, VARs and or other online technical support representatives.
- Must be able to work independently to identify, isolate and perform root cause analysis of complex technical issues in the local and wider environment.
- Must be willing to take ownership of an issue; provide analysis and resolution effort and commit to resolve technical issues regardless of the effort or timeframe required.
- Mentor junior level staff in both technical and procedural skills.
- Lead system initiatives and new projects
- Install, patch and tune Operating Systems and third party applications.
- Develop and implement procedures to monitor systems for capacity and performance and create related documentation and reports.
- Create system standards documentation and procedures to efficiently and accurately contribute to the success of the team.
- Write scripts for monitoring systems and critical applications, and integrating into a centralized event console
- Supporting process improvements
- Full-time position with on-call duties and requirement to work on a rotating basis regular scheduled maintenance windows.
- 5+ years work experience as a Unix System Administrator.
- Proficient understanding of and experience with Unix/Linux operating systems, file systems, applications and storage technologies. Red Hat Linux and Oracle Solaris are the principle operating systems to support.
- Experience in configuring, managing and maintaining OpenShift or Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience in creating and modifying ansible playbooks.
- Experience with configuring and managing Apache HTTPD Web Servers and Apache Tomcat.
- Must have experience implementing and managing large enterprise-class server environments.
- Must be able to work closely within a high-performing team. Good attitude and ability to assist and integrate with other engineers are essential.
- F5 LTM experience in configuring and managing virtual servers.
- F5 ASM experience is desirable.
- Experience in creating virtual machines in a VMware environment.
- Practical understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP, & VLANs.
- Should have experience with using systems monitoring software (e.g. Solarwinds).
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to work individually, within a team, with other groups and with customers.
- Must have ability to communicate complex technical problems concisely and professionally to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working in an enterprise environment with knowledge of clustering technologies and high availability strategies.
Some CI/CD experience with tools such as Jenkins or similar.
Some development skills preferred e.g. ability to work on scripts or configuration automation frameworks.
Some experience in Amazon Web Services such as configuring VPCs and deploying EC2 instances.
Some knowledge or experience in configuring a PostgreSQL database.
Some experience in setting up and managing Kafka Clusters.
Familiarity with Pega Platform.
Bachelors or higher in an engineering discipline, or Technical certification in RHEL or other related certifications.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.