Atrilogys Direct Client is seeking a Network Engineering Manager to join their team in Littleton, CO. This is a Full Time Direct Hire position and 100% onsite in Littleton, CO. This manager will oversee network planning, architecture, and design of on-premise and cloud based data center network environments supporting the buildout of our new 5G wireless infrastructure.
The Network Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing a team accountable for architecture and design/Implementation of large-scale data center networking within Client facilities and public cloud providers. Data center network designs will include server switching infrastructure across multiple data centers nationwide, interconnectivity with private cloud platforms, virtual routing facilities for control, management, and customer networks, and interconnectivity with Internet and third parties.
This team will have a close cross-functional relationship with Xhaul Network Engineering, Network Security, Network automation, Data Mobility Engineering, Core Translations Design, Traffic/Transport Engineering, Network Implementation/Design, Performance Management and Peering Interconnect Management teams. This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Head of Network Engineering for and may require some travel.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Network Design/Implementation team and provide consistent leadership through the hiring, planning, communicating, and managing of the team
- Create and maintain network architecture
- Design and develop network node configurations
- Support validation, deployment, optimization and operations of network nodes
- Manage capital budget, commercial contracts, hardware/software purchase orders
- Testing and validation of new IP services, feature enhancements and software bug fixes
- Establish, validate and maintain direct interconnects with other mobile carriers for interoperability
- Develop and maintain 2 to 3-year strategic infrastructure plan including long-term vision, technology roadmaps, goals and objectives
- Develop and oversee change management and quality assurance processes including review and approval of engineering design proposals, implementation plans, and acceptance plans
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network
- Design, plan, and implement complex Data Center and public cloud network configurations
- Supply advanced technical direction and leadership to the organization through the planning and implementation processes
- Establish requirements, provide analysis for network and services specifications, network design, network partitioning, and network architecture definition
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation, and integration plans on projects, and assurance of network integrity
- Work independently with vendors to understand, test, and drive new innovative features
Candidate should have extensive knowledge in the following areas:
- Data Center network design and engineering
- Multi-site architecture, Spine/leaf configuration, VDCs, edge routing
- eBGP, iBGP, IS-IS, VRFs, and QoS
- Integration with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Server virtualization - VMWare, Openstack
- Network Deployment and Operations Automation - Ansible, Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP)
- Network configuration automation (Scripting with Perl/Python/Bash)
- IPv6 - SLAAC and DHCPv6
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) - Design and Traffic Engineering
- Solid Understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or ten or more years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space
- Professional networking certifications a plus- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/JNCIE or equivalent
- Public cloud certifications a plus - Advanced Networking, Cloud Network Engineer, or equivalent
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.