Atrilogy’s direct client is looking to hire a 100% Remote DB2 Application Database Administrator
for a Full-Time/Direct Hire role.
You will be working on LUW (Linux, Unix, Windows) platform
Please share your resume to email@example.com
for quick consideration.
********Only accepting candidates from below mentioned states***********
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas.
Any of the following will be considered too:
Cloud, Oracle, SQL Server, or Open Source.
You will be working in the Retail Wholesale industry (90 years in business), working for a GREAT boss!
Where they believe in a work/life balance and ability to grow your career as they have a "promote-from-within mentality".
The Database Administrator will have the opportunity to support a diverse set of application databases and data warehouse environments. This includes, but is not limited to, the design, implementation, and maintenance of production databases. The position requires the support of business initiatives through researching, reviewing, and developing database designs, evaluating new database software and presenting findings to project teams, IT leadership and business leadership.
An ideal candidate will have experience performing root cause analysis of database problems, identifying solutions and make recommendations for resolution.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Performs database performance monitoring and tuning.
- Creates and implements physical database design.
- Ensures RDMS software and server runtimes are fully optimized.
- Performs database software installations, patching and routine maintenance.
- Provides 24x7 operational support for production and nonproduction database environments. (Rotation)
- Create and monitor enterprise-level jobs for data extraction, transformation, and load.
- Document, review, recommend and change database models, schemas and T/PSQL.
- Makes technical decisions following established policies and procedures to ensure database availability.
- Collaborates with direct team, peer teams, management when complex system issues arise.
PLUS, SKILLS BELOW:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years administering enterprise database systems in DB2, Cloud, Oracle, SQL Server, or Open Source.
- Experience with upgrades, backup / recovery, patching and support of production and lower-level databases.
- Ability to optimize and improve databases performance.
- UNIX Shell scripting experience (Korn and/or Borne Shell).
- ODBC connected query tools experience (SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL Developer, AQT).
- TSQL development skills to assist programmers with query performance tuning.
- Experience creating tables, views, stored procedures, T-SQL, dynamic SQL, indexes, and data constraints.
- Experience with data models, database design and development.
- Ability to interpret data and analyse results.
- Familiarity with ITIL is a plus.
- DB2 for AIX Database Administrator experience.
- Data Warehousing experience.
- Erwin data modelling experience.
- Open-source database experience.
- SAN attached devices and (NFS) mounted file systems experience.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.