Atrilogy’s direct client is seeking an IT Architect
to join their global team on a 6-month Contract to Hire
basis. 100% REMOTE!
The AWS Architect will develop cost effective information technology solutions by analyzing, designing, programming, monitoring, and/or installing systems, software and/or hardware solutions. Increase system efficiency and reliability by handling extremely complex tasks and/or activities completing, encompassing multi-discipline and/or diverse technologies, in the following areas: server functions, application development, systems monitoring, and cloud-based (AWS) application architecture and design. Deliver reliable high-performance applications and technical services.
- Creates, enhances, evaluates, and maintains systems or software applications by performing the full range of more complex programming duties. Designs, codes, debugs, tests, documents, and implements programs in approved languages.
- Provides a high level of technical expertise in development and support of new or enhanced applications. Performs full life cycle development including, requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, implementation, testing and debugging.
- Research, designs, and develops product hardware and software interfaces by applying expertise in hardware engineering and software design theories. Designs, architects, installs, configures, and maintains system hardware and software infrastructure components.
- Coordinate’s implementation of proactive monitoring of critical business services to ensure availability. Integrates monitoring principles into the IT systems development life cycle project work.
- Can help break the business roadmap into achievable MVP deliverables which can be delivered successfully using Agile Scrum.
- Delivers system enhancements by planning and recommending innovative technologies. Works closely with management to determine longer-term technical needs and direction. Develops and implements cost effective approaches and/or automation solutions that lower operating costs and supports IT strategy.
- Understands the strategy of shifting left and ensures the quality of the deliverable.
- Can set up a large-scale project from scratch and see it through successful delivery.
- Understands delivery success metrics.
- Ensures projects are completed according to defined success criteria by leading the team, or providing technical guidance, in the design, development and implementation of projects.
- Promotes technical mastery by serving as a resource for resolving unique or complex problems. Confers with and advises team members on technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Contributes to new vendor evaluation and interfaces with existing vendors to resolve issues.
- Maintains technical currency by reviewing trade publications, researching technical documentation, and pursuing training relevant to Company operating environments. Maintains working understanding of client business functions.
- Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
- Partners with product owner to translate business objectives into technical designs that can be implemented by Application Engineer.
- Ensures technical consistency, compatibility, and integration of multiple products within a portfolio.
- Partners with Application Engineers to ensure technical feasibility of design.
- Hands-on experience with containerization platforms and serverless computing, such as Docker, EKS, Lambda
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation processes
- Sets up CI/CD, automation testing (in partnership with Quality Engineers) and other processes using DevOps principles.
- Meets business needs by translating user requirements into solutions and by monitoring industry trends. Researches, produces, and implements standards documents. Outlines and implements all system configuration, tuning and upgrades.
- Contributes to team effort by participating in IT projects and coordinating with other IT teams.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates troubleshooting and recovery procedures and provides support as needed. May coordinate project team activities and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs. May provide work direction to or mentor less experienced team members.
May require any combination of the following skills:
- Minimum 8 years related experience with 3+ years of direct experience architecting/designing high throughput applications on AWS.
- Must have experience with resiliency, reliability, and high availability engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires AWS Solution Architect Associate certification at a minimum.
- RDS Oracle databases/tools, Redshift/DynamoDB/Aurora Postgres a plus
- System performance monitoring, analysis, and management (Datadog)
- Compliant monitoring tools and concepts
- Web application development
- Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, BitBucket
- Modern Programming Languages such as Python
- Java Microservices & APIs
- Web services JSON, XML, HTTP
- Amazon Web Services: Lambda, S3, API Gateway, EventBridge, and other Serverless technology
- Chef, Terraform.
- Enterprise Architecture (infra, software, data, middleware)
- Cloud Architecture
- Domain Driven Design
- Agile: Kanban, Scrum
- Experience in building JakartaEE based Web application, Hibernate, JPA. Java Beans
- JSF 2.0, PL/SQL
- Junit, TestNG test framework, Checkstyle, FindBugs, PMD
- Programming experience developing in JEE and SQL and PL/SQL code (highly desired but not essential)
- Demonstrated ability to manage software development projects through completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with business partners.
- Proven ability to architect, design and implement cloud-based and/or cloud-native solutions.
- Hands-on experience with AWS Elastic Beanstalk and basic experience creating RESTful services.
- Working knowledge of Databases, such as Amazon Aurora (PostgreSQL or MySQL), DynamoDB, Redis.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.