Peak17’s direct client is seeking a Windows Systems Engineer II
to join their team in Las Vegas, NV 89113
on a 3-month Contract to Hire
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV.
The Windows Senior Systems Engineer
will play a technical leadership role in a 24x7 highly available production environment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and articulate, recognized as an expert with Microsoft operating systems (Windows Server 2012, 2016 or newer), related software technologies and have a proven history of using administrative tools and automating routine administration tasks.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Must be able to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues
- Must be willing to take ownership of the issue analysis and resolution efforts and commit to "doing what it takes" to resolve technical issues regardless of the effort or timeframe required.
- Triaging as necessary for production, QA & development environments.
- 6+ years overall experience with at least the last 2 years focused on providing technical support across a broad range of Microsoft technologies
- Mentor System Administrators through leadership and setting positive examples
- Serve as the team lead for the group
- Capable of performing design, test and implementation of complex technical solutions and architecture
- Ability to lead and manage system initiatives and new projects
- Troubleshooting issues related to production systems, triaging as necessary for production, QA & development environments
- Work with external vendors/consultants to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution
- Resolve errors and alarms quickly and provide timely escalation
- Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all site features and functions
- Help define and support process improvements
- Full-time position with on-call duties
- 6+ years’ work experience as Windows Server Administrator
- Must have experience implementing and managing 700+ server environments (with server-class hardware and peripherals), located in multiple datacenters
- Expert understanding of and experience with Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, DNS, OS security and systems patching
- Expert understanding of and experience with IIS, Microsoft Exchange and/or Microsoft SQL
- Strong understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP and VLANs
- Strong expert level scripting skills - batch, PowerShell and/or VB
- Strong experience with NAS and/or SAN
- Strong experience with virtualization technologies - preferably VMware vSphere
- Bachelors in an engineering discipline or Technical certification in Windows Server 2012/2016 Administration or equivalent work experience. Microsoft and VMware certifications are highly desirable.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.