Our Direct Client is looking for a Data Scientist
to join our global AI product support team. This scientist will report to our Senior Director of Global Data Science Products. They will play a critical role in the rollout of our global suite of AI products across consumer lending, business intelligence services and health product suite.
Position: Data Scientist
Location: Costa Mesa, CA (Remote work)
Duration: 6+ Months
This role will cover a wide range of responsibilities with plenty of variation from week to week.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Product development
o Prototype new modelling methodologies for incorporation into our global suite
o Work directly with our ML engineering team to identify issues and guide them on requirements
o Write data pipelines / ETL for non-standard or new modelling use cases
o Build new dashboards and reports to provide insights to clients on model performance and impact, leveraging our proprietary BI toolkit
o Help document methodologies, tool usage and business logic
• Client & user support
o Support client implementation teams executing complex modelling tasks on our enterprise ML ops platform
o Perform complex/custom data engineering where needed to support strategic clients
o Train ML models for underwriting, targeting and other applications where needed
• Testing & QA
o Test new product features and algorithms and verify accurate implementation ahead of live release to our global client base
o Implement bug-fixes and upgrades to Experian methodologies in credit-related business logic (e.g. Bureau Inferencing modifications etc.)
Valuable skills include
• Highly proficient writing data processing code with at least one SQL dialect
o Spark SQL experience desirable but not required
• Comfortable using Python and Jupyter notebooks with common open source libraries for machine learning
o MLlib, pytorch, sklearn, tensorflow all valuable
• Understanding of credit risk modelling fundamentals
• Strong communication skills – able to talk to business users to understand and articulate issues requirements, as well as more technical developer audiences
• Strong data visualization skills – can present datasets to bring out insights & tell a story
• Self-starter willing to solve problems and ask the right questions; growth mindset
• Desirable: Familiarity with widely-used credit risk assessment tools like FICO Model Builder and SAS
• Desirable: Understanding of the credit risk lifecycle from prospecting and acquisition to customer management and collections
What your background looks like
• Experience in modelling and/or data engineering in a Credit Risk institution. You will have worked at least 3 - 5 years for a major bank, FinTech or other financial institution.
• At least 5 - 7 years total industry experience focused on analytics, data science and/or data engineering, with some direct experience in applied statistics and machine learning
• Advanced degrees in quantitative fields and/or professional experience in applied analytics are valuable
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.