A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group is seeking an Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA.
Position : Project Manager
Location : Los Angeles, CA (This position will be remote but ideally looking for someone in the Greater LA Area)
Duration : 5+ Months
Note: Must be able to work PST from 9am-6pm PST.
Under administrative direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to manage multiple projects simultaneously, both large in size and broad in scope.
Manages projects throughout the project lifecycle, from proposal and defining requirements to project planning and implementation, using extensive input from industry and/or business unit subject matter experts.
Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans with substantial latitude for independent actions or decisions.
Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs.
Maintains extensive contact with internal customers and subject matter experts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts preliminary investigations for all project requests. Reviews requirements, specifications and testing. Ensures training plans are aligned with organizational priorities, business plans and objectives.
- Provides a proactive interface for project stakeholders and senior management teams to ensure business requirements are completely and accurately defined. Ensures business applications are delivered.
- Refines and implements project management methodologies, tools and practices to provide continuous process improvement.
- Selects and manages project teams. Manages such teams throughout the project lifecycle including planning, assigning, scheduling, monitoring and reviewing project activities, as well as evaluating individual performance upon project completion.
- Conducts interviews, compiles and analyzes responses, and creates business cases for projects.
- Participates in root cause analysis in order to recommend appropriate actions to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Identifies, defines and documents complex business and technical requirements, processes and deliverables.
- Develops, prepares, presents and maintains project plans including staffing requirements, cost estimates, detailed budgets and work breakdown structures and schedules.
- Performs project risk assessments by identifying key risk factors, providing effective mitigation strategies, and assigning contingency action plans to both schedules and budgets.
- Applies established project methodologies to manage projects: uses change control templates and processes, manages time and recording activities using defined scheduling tools, monitors budgets, and coordinates resource acquisition and utilization.
- Serves as the liaison between internal customers and external suppliers. Communicates regularly with project stakeholders.
- Delivers systems on appropriate platforms in compliance with established technology standards. Monitors testing and executes quality assurance checks to ensure the system meets information technology acceptance criteria prior to implementation.
- Performs project evaluations and participates in post-project quality monitoring. • Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- 9-12 Years Experience - Knowledge of: Functional, operational and technical requirements of all systems used by assigned functional areas. Application development and project life cycle methodologies and standards.
- Project selection and approval, budgeting and business case preparation and analysis, as well as work breakdown structures and forecasting.
- Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
- Information technology support and technical documentation.
- Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
- Business planning and analysis.
- Project budget interfaces with other accounting systems.
- Using specific systems and related technological tools associated with assigned functional areas. Conducting investigations for proposed projects.
- Applying application development and project life cycle methodologies and standards.
- Refining and implementing project management methodologies, tools and practices.
- Selecting and managing project teams.
- Conducting interviews with customers and subject matter experts.
- Conducting research and developing and documenting business cases.
- Performing root cause analysis.
- Identifying, defining and documenting complex business and technical requirements.
- Developing, preparing, presenting and maintaining project plans. Performing project risk assessments.
- Managing projects, using established project management methodologies.
- Reviewing, analyzing and evaluating financial data as well as preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
- Designing and developing management reports.
- Performing project evaluations.
- Developing service level agreements for new systems.
- Developing business modeling presentations.
- Evaluating vendors.
- Negotiating with customers and vendors.
- Obtaining and retaining customers.
- Delivering presentations to groups.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
- Select and lead complementary high performance project teams through the planning, assigning, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating project phases.
- Facilitate information gathering sessions ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are included in the project specifications.
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into project specifications.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Solve complex problems and model the business and financial impact of proposed scenarios.
- Ensure that all project activities have a focus on quality and adhere to any identified best practices.
- Perceive information, linkages and trends to apply this knowledge to assignments.
- Resolve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information, and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Use collaborative skills to accomplish work as a team.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamically changing work environment. Read, analyze, interpret and apply information from common industry journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Interpret and apply policies in order to identify and recommend changes.
- Lead others to provide a high level of customer service.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiating resources.
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade other to achieve desired outcomes without organizational authority.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
Bachelor's degree required
ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Pursuant to the Fair Chance for Hiring Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.