A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group
is in search of a Principal / Sr Data Engineer
to join their team in Los Angeles, CA.
Role: Principal / Sr Data Engineer (100% Remote)
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90071
Duration: Full Time
If you eat, breathe, and sleep all things data: data ingestion, data transformation, modeling and analysis, this just might be the role for you. We are looking for an experienced full-stack Data Engineer to help us build out our data platform on the AWS cloud. You need to be well-versed in both backend and frontend technologies, from databases and ETL processing to BI platforms and report optimization.
- Work with the data team and architect to build out our cloud data warehouse / data lake infrastructure from the ground up.
- Develop an automated data ingestion pipeline processing data from multiple sources and formats including RDBMS, JSON, and CSV files.
- Build a resilient and robust ETL process that can handle exceptions and failures with grace.
- Develop automation scripts to scale up or down data warehouse cloud instances.
- Build data models, schemas, and optimized queries to support high-performing reporting. Implement testing strategies to ensure data consistency between data sources, reports, and interfaces.
- Develop reports and dashboard using both cloud and desktop-based BI tools Document and communicate data processes and architecture with clarity.
- 10 years of experience.
- Database architecture and design: mostly design, light development, restructuring and optimization of queries and ensuring systems scale.
- Should have AWS/Azure and data architecture in a cloud environment.
- Python is a must.
- Experience in software product development services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information System, Statistics, or Mathematics related field.
- At least 3 years experience working with cloud data technologies (AWS preferred).
- Strong SQL skills a must Proficient with programming languages such as Java, Python or Scala Skilled in data modeling, architecture, and patterns.
- Strong knowledge of various databases, both traditional SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with unstructured and semi-structured data such as JSON and NoSQL.
- Experience working with data warehouse desired Proficiency developing reports with at least any 2 BI tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with streaming data and API framework like Swagger a plus.
- Minimum 10 years experience working within end-to-end data solutions dev.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in a data design or architect capacity.
- Minimum 4 years working with cloud pipelines software deployment and DevOps.
- Minimum 3 years experience Master Data Management MDM and Data security.
- Minimum 1 year experience data integration.
- Extensive programming experience in across multiple languages.
- Expert experience in architectures, SaaS concepts deployments and scale.
- Expert understanding of configuration management and risk management.
- Expert understanding of cloud deployments, automation and maintenance. Expert understanding of data frameworks, build, test and deployment.
- Expert understanding of data security testing.
- Excellent understanding of network architecture.
- Expert understanding of at various software and data architectures. Able to perform complex designs, lead MDM pipeline development, assist other in troubleshooting, lead and perform advanced testing (e.g. load, performance, scalability).
- Ability to provide expert level troubleshooting in Databases, Cloud, Windows, UNIX environments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Mentors and develops other software Engineers. Ability to manage vendor relationships.
- Expert understanding of project management methodologies and procedures Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. Position open to telecommuting candidates.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Pursuant to the Fair Chance for Hiring Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.