Atrilogy’s direct client is seeking a Sr Data Center Engineer in Littleton, CO. Data Center Engineers with strong infrastructure engineering technical skills to help build our 5G Network. This is a 6 months contract to hire role and will sit Onsite from Day one.
Sr Data Center Engineer
6 months Contract to Hire
10 years of exp is required.
Data Center Engineers with strong infrastructure engineering technical skills to help build our 5G Network.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Wireless Data Center Manager, and may require travel.
Responsibilities fall into the following categories:
Education and Experience Requirements
Data Center Engineer qualifications:
- Lead complex systems engineering projects and initiatives including working cross-functionally with Network & System Teams, construction, field operations, vendors, and Technology Development.
- Travel to data center sites to lead or support engineering studies, systems audits industry standards, startup testing, and full commissioning. Conduct data center audits of electrical systems, and lead improvements.
- Transform and build data centers employing standards and best practices for power, HVAC, Networking system. Hardware monitoring, commissioning and de-commissioning server/storage/network hardware.
- Prepare data center specifications and design criteria for retrofits, and provide input on future data center design reviews. Manage and report on all aspects (capacity, space, power, assets, etc.) of the data center using DCIM tool.
- Physically troubleshoot network components in network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers, and optical data center equipment. Review and develop detailed scripts for change management request (CMR) activities.
- Manage data center capacity for data center space, power, and network cable infrastructure. Work with server, storage, and network teams to do initial device installation and configure remote management access. Participate in equipment failure and power outage incidents, drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA), and implement solutions broadly across all regions.
- Develop and review design standards, specifications, and method of procedures (MOP), for consistency and maximum system reliability. Evaluate data center commissioning scripts and participate in commissioning activities (Integrated System Test) for new and retrofitted data centers.
- Design, plan, and implement complex Data Center and public cloud network configurations AWS
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in an engineering or technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, or controls), or 10 plus years of experience in one of these disciplines.
- Solid Understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience with AWS
- Eight plus years’ experience with data centers and/or operations of mission critical data centers
- Experience with standard Data Center equipment to include: electrical distribution equipment, low voltage power and molded case circuit breakers, overhead IT busway, air handling units, water treatment equipment, controls and monitoring, and hot aisle containment accessories.
- Professional networking certifications CCNA is required CCNP plus
- Experience in load management at the operations level within data centers.
Candidate should have knowledge in the following areas:
- Design and engineering of effective and scalable network systems and solutions. Troubleshooting and Networking experience.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
- Data Center network design and engineering
- Multi-site architecture, Spine/leaf configuration, VDCs, edge routing
- eBGP, iBGP, IS-IS, VRFs, and QoS
- Integration with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Server virtualization - VMWare, Openstack
- Network Deployment and Operations Automation - Ansible, Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP)
- Network configuration automation (Scripting with Perl/Python/Bash)
- IPv6 - SLAAC and DHCPv6
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
- Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.