A direct client of Atrilogy Solutions Group
is in search of a Security Architect
to join their team in Phoenix, Arizona.
Role: Security Architect
Location: Phoenix, Arizona (Expect to be onsite after Labor day)
Duration: Full Time
The Information Security Architect is responsible for defining, documenting, and articulating the desired future state vision for Information Security. They will work with other business and IT departments to understand the current state of information security, identify gaps and opportunities, and develop strategic approaches to close the gaps. Drawing from relevant trends and emerging technologies, the Information Security Architect uses out-of-the-box thinking to creatively align technology with strategic and business objectives.
- Coaches, develops, and supports security analysts and engineers.
- Develops, communicates, and evolves security architecture including principles, technical strategies, roadmaps, guidelines, standards, and strategic best practices.
- Synchronizes security frameworks across the department, optimizes processes, and designs the security infrastructure needed to best achieve the long-term, strategic direction.
- Analyzes industry, technology, and market trends to determine the potential impacts on the information security strategy and architecture requirements.
- Investigates new technical solutions and technologies, estimating and articulating viability, effort, and potential financial and non-financial impacts.
- Explores, analyzes, and models business processes, information flows, technology patterns and services, and system integration maps to close identified security gaps.
- Provides guidance, strategic best practices, and action-oriented advice to guide the selection of technologies and vendor solutions aligned with strategic goals.
- Works with other architects, team leads, and subject matter experts to ensure functional alignment with the enterprise architecture and strategic direction.
- Translates business needs into architectural requirements.
- Serves as an information security expert and trusted advisor to partners in IT and the business.
- Achieves security architecture compliance on requirements, including but not limited to, SOX, PCI, data privacy, and state and federal regulations.
- Direct, hands-on experience or strong working knowledge of managing security infrastructure — e.g., firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPSs), web application firewalls (WAFs), endpoint protection, SIEM and log management technology.
- Verifiable experience reviewing application code for security vulnerabilities.
- Experience securing CI/CD pipelines.
- Direct, hands-on experience or a strong working knowledge of vulnerability management tools.
- Documented experience and a strong working knowledge of the methodologies to conduct threat-modeling exercises on new applications and services.
- Experience designing the deployment of applications and infrastructure into public cloud services.
- Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure, e.g. applications, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, networking, storage, backup networks, containers/Kubernetes
- Direct experience designing IAM technologies and services for Active Directory
- Strong working knowledge of IT service management (e.g., ITIL-related disciplines): change management, configuration management, asset management, incident management, problem management.
- The security architect is expected to have documented experience with the following: Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), Sarbanes-Oxley, privacy practices, NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- Strategic planning skills: The security architect must interpret business, technology and threat drivers, and develop practical security roadmaps to deal with these drivers.
- Communication skills: The security architect will be required to translate complex security-related matters into business terms that are readily understood by colleagues. The security architect should anticipate presenting analyses in person and in written formats.
- Financial analysis: As part of the due diligence of security technologies, the security architect will be expected to evaluate the financial costs of recommended technologies.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within the Information Technology field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a lead Information Security or Cybersecurity role.
- Must have CISSP ISC2
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.