The ideal candidate would come from a military or goverment background, holding or formerly held a security clearance, and has regulations in the wireless/mobile industry.
Primary responsibilities include (but may vary as needed):
- Ability to communicate the technical and regulatory requirements to business stakeholders to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced, and understood consistently.
- Ability to incorporate DISH Core and Legal guidance into solid architectural solutions
- Support preparation of regulatory agency applications, reports, or correspondence for internal owners. Review all regulatory agency submission materials to ensure timeliness, accuracy, comprehensiveness, or compliance with regulatory standards.
- Develop regulatory strategies and implementation plans for the preparation and submission of new products with internal stakeholders, including maintenance of required KPI reporting or like certification requirements.
- Manage activities such as audits or regulatory agency inspections.
- Formulate or implement regulatory affairs policies and procedures
- May serve as the primary point of contact with such organizations as IEEE, ITU, ATIS, and other telecommunications operating standards bodies.
- Ability to think critically to evaluate solutions and program plans in order to produce high-quality, lasting results.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills to business requirements to the benefit of the DISH ecosystem, including preparing execution reports displaying results and describing relevant program lifecycle management.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior engineers on the team, work on problems that are relevant and essential to the team.
- Preferred B.S.or M.S. in Electrical Engineering (or related field) and a minimum of 5-7 years of direct engineering experience; in certain cases, job experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Experience designing and implementing regulatory/compliance programs.
- Understanding IEEE, FCC, or State-level Regulations with ability to handle complex regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated career progression, both in responsibilities and skill development
- Must have a clear understanding of both Environmental and Regulatory requirements for 5G Wireless Network such as E911, STIR/SHAKEN, WEA, CALEA.
- Deeper understanding in telco networks and articulate, understand key traffic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the network and from a customer experience perspective.
- Knowledge of wireless communications engineering concepts and technologies.
- Working knowledge of voice and signaling protocols including SIP and SS7, industry standards and associated requirements. DISH intends to work with 3rd parties to provide voice services, hence this team will also be responsible for performing detailed evaluations of service providers' capabilities and performance.