Our direct client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their team in Los Angeles, CA on a Full Time Direct Hire basis. The DevOps Engineer is also responsible for documenting the standards, processes and procedures as well as improving process efficiency.
Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90071
Duration: Full Time Direct Hire
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The DevOps Engineer plays a key role in our clients DevOps transformation. As a part for the DevOps team, the DevOps Engineer will focus on the following:
- Drive cultural change
- Encourages collaboration between Dev, Sec & Ops
- Automate IT processes, standardize DevOps tool chain
- Collect metrics across Dev, Sec & Ops
- Incubate, release and support DevOps projects
- Integrate toolsets to best support DevOps and continuous deployment
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- The DevOps Engineer must have rich and diverse technical background, is creative (intellectually curious), and passionate about automation / DevOps and eager to learn emerging technologies and trends.
- The DevOps Engineer is also responsible for documenting the standards, processes and procedures as well as improving process efficiency.
- The typical day includes working with Development, InfoSec, Operations and Business teams to design, implement and support enterprise level pipeline as a service (PaaS) offerings.
- These PaaS offerings will be designed to include Continuous Integration, Delivery, Testing, and Monitoring.
- The position also includes the creation, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures, automation tools, source control, TFS policy, deployment orchestration and process standardization.
- Though the DevOps Engineer is not directly responsible for production support however he/she will provide level-3 support to troubleshoot pipeline related issues.
What Do You Need To Succeed
- Implement Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and automation
- Provide support for other employees working to implement and foster a DevOps culture.
- Participate in medium to large scale DevOps driven team projects.
- Continually evaluate build and deployment procedures for opportunities to optimize, streamline and automate.
- Develop and test new functionality, with general supervision regarding methodology and approach.
- Create and maintain DevOps technical documentation. Create custom reports to show automation usage and savings.
- Support and continuously improve DevOps processes and procedures.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or in a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years working in a DevOps related role
- Minimum 6 months of programming or scripting
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple concurrent tasks is required.
- Understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Including a strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with partner teams across the organization.
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent customer service.
- Desired – Utilizing APIs One or more scripting languages: CMD, Groovy, Java Script, Python, PowerShell.
- One or more of these programming languages: C#, Perl, or Java.
- Demonstrate experience in at least one of the following areas: Creating automated SDLC processes, Continuous Delivery workflows or web service application deployments, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Continuous Integration & Delivery tools, such as: TFS, Bamboo and Jenkins.
- Desired - JIra/Confluence Administration experience
- Desired – Demonstrate experience in at least one of the following areas: Continuous Integration or development branching strategies. Desired – Database: Microsoft SQL Server
- Desired – Automated and continuous build tools, such as: MSBuild, Maven, or NAnt
- Desired – Configuration Management tools, such as: Chef, System Center, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Pursuant to the Fair Chance for Hiring Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.