Our Direct Client is looking to hire an OSP Construction Manager in Lansing MI. It is a contract-to-hire role.
The Outside Plant Construction Manager (OSP CM) is responsible for everything that happens and fails to happen within the pre-construction, construction, and splicing phases of an overall projects relating to installation of Fiber Optic Networks and Fiber to the Tower (FTT). The OSP CM is responsible for hitting pre-construction and construction due dates, interval, budget, quality, and safety objectives. The overall OSP CM goals are to deliver projects on-time, on-interval, on-budget and in-compliance with all build quality and safety standards. The primary difference between the OSP CM and OSP PM is that the CM spends more of his/her time working the pre-construction and construction phases of a project and less tracking and reporting. The PM spends more time managing the end-to-end project including tracking, reporting, and forecasting.
- Manage the pre-construction and construction phases of the OSP project - deliver on time, on budget, and within quality and safety standards.
- Resolve OSP roadblocks.
- Manage third party pre-construction and construction suppliers.
- Supervise construction crews.
- Participate in project meetings and effectively support the overall project effort.
- Manage and meet pre-construction and construction schedules, intervals and due dates.
- Meet project budgets.
- Inspect and assure construction work quality and crew safety.
- Manage, document and record construction field changes.
- Verify supplier invoices match the work actually performed in the field and ensure that all contractual specifications are met.
- Minimum of 3 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience. Must be conversant/have working knowledge of structured cabling, routing, switching, and IP protocols.
- Must have 4 years familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- Familiarity with G Suite application, Microsoft Excel and Word, Google Earth and AutoCAD.
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management including quoting, construction, and delivery.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Business-minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- Some local travel will be required.