Atrilogy's direct client in Phoenix, AZ is seeking a 100% Remote Database Administrator
on a 12-month contract
basis. This 100% Remote DBA may sit anywhere within the US.
Our Client is looking for a bright, motivated Database Administrator to be part of a lean team that builds, supports, and maintains infrastructure components in our high transaction production database environments.
You'll have the opportunity to help plan and maintain their dynamic Oracle and MS SQL Server relational database environments as well as to help define, organize, and secure the integrity of the RDBMS.
You will be a member of a team of technology professionals in support of Database Services. The incumbent will lead and contribute to business projects, infrastructure strategy and design, capacity management, and support activities.
- Identify database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Responsible for participating in a 24X7 on-call rotation.
- Implement changes to database environment following pre-defined change management policies and procedures using ITIL and DevOps practices.
- Create and maintain databases required for Dev, QA, and Production usage.
- Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Perform ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and MS SQL Server and its tools and any other tools that access the database.
- Plan and implement backup and recovery strategies for the databases.
- Create and enforce security policies for the databases.
- Administer all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages, and procedures.
- Monitor databases and make recommendations to improve monitoring practices.
- Act as the database SME on assigned internal projects.
- Min. 5 years of experience working as a Database Administrator.
- Ability to perform Oracle, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Postgres (Aurora), and operating system performance monitoring.
- Experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, and Postgres (Aurora)
- RDBMS/OS: Oracle; MS SQL Server; MongoDB; Postegres (Aurora); Linux
- Knowledge of physical and logical database design
- Bash/ksh scripting a plus.
- Experience with Delphix a plus.
- Experience with AWS or AWS Certifications a plus
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps and Agile methodologies a plus.
- Nimsoft Monitoring, Quest Shareplex Replication, Commvault Backups, Toad, Oracle OEM, SQL Management Studio, Chef
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.