RECRUITER: PLEASE READ THE NOTES SECTION
Our direct client is looking to hire a Sr, Mid or Junior Java Developer for a permanent Hire REMOTE position.
Working for a Fortune 1000 company who is a leader in the transportation industry and HQ in Kansas City, KS
Working with lots of new technology and a GREAT BOSS!!
This is a Java developer position, You can be full-stack, back-end or middle.
No Sponsorship available
This is a 100% REMOTE position and you can live any place in the USA!!
Monday-Friday work week
Direct Hire/Permanent role
The Java Developer participates as a member of a fast-paced agile team and collaborates cross-functionally to design and implement solutions providing competitive advantage to business operations.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience developing Java based solutions.
- MS SQL database knowledge.
- Agile Development Methodology preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner and effective problem solver.
- Transportation industry knowledge a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and extend Java solutions to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Facilitate gathering and interpretation of business requirements, create functional specifications and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications and/or customer requirements.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of business strategy, operating models and processes in order to identify improvement opportunities and value-added capabilities.
- Act as expert in internally developed solutions to support business execution and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Work with development teams to integrate Java solutions with company business systems and third-party platforms.
- Analyze, manipulate and present data to support decision-making.
- Resolve and prevent reoccurrence of issues impacting system operation, import/export of data and connectivity to supporting systems.
- Stay abreast transportation and development trends, and determine value to the Company.
- Support business users to improve productivity, knowledge and competence.
- Work with development teams to implement and support governance and change management processes.
- Prepare and execute regression and QA tests for configuration changes, fixes and enhancements.