Our direct client is looking to hire a Solution Architect for a DIRECT HIRE role at their HQ in Overland Park, Kansas.
***This role will sit 100% Remote***
** 7 – 10 years’ broad IT application development experience with modern languages and techniques (Java or .Net highly preferred).
The Solution Architect is responsible for driving the architectural plans and designs for various functional application domains. These activities will enable the company to support business strategies, objectives and technological advancements. This position owns the development and coordination of roadmaps depicting movement from current to future state as well as guiding the IT organization in reducing complexity and simplifying the delivery of services and solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a consulting role with leadership in both business and application development in order to drive best in class technology solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert providing the vision and strategy for functional application domain architecture.
- Develop in-depth assessments which validate specific technology and architecture directions as appropriate for business solutions.
- Work collaboratively with business partners, product owners and product managers to develop and maintain business domain roadmaps aligned with broader enterprise technology strategy.
- Design and take ownership of enterprise architecture concepts and practices
- Coordinate and communicate enterprise architecture concerns to other architects and application development teams.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the functional domain to address application integration and infrastructure framework related questions.
- Work with application development teams to improve software development practices and align with enterprise technology direction and best practices.
- Coordinate with other architects and technical SMEs to drive best practices and overall architectural consistency.
- Work with vendors to understand emerging technologies, technical and functional roadmaps, and applicability to the environment.
- Communicate concepts and ideas effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization.
- Research and evangelize software development and enterprise architecture best practices.
- 7 – 10 years’ broad IT application development experience with modern languages and techniques (Java or .Net highly preferred).
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in developing shared or enterprise architecture and communicating those designs to other stakeholders.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in developing technology roadmaps associated with a specific product or functional domain.
- Strong understanding of modern application design, object-oriented programming, design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with DevOps, continuous integration and modern build systems.
- Experience with distributed architecture, REST services and SOA.
- Proven experience translating business requirements into functioning architecture.
- Proven experience collaborating with subject matter experts across all domains to develop best approach architectural plans.
- Ability to facilitate technology planning activities and relating architecture to both business and IT stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to translate technical jargon into understandable terminology. Able to communicate with all organizational levels.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Freight or freight related industry experience
- Deep knowledge of applications in sales and marketing, back office processes or freight operations domains
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.