Our direct client is looking to hire a 100% REMOTE “Windows Administrator OR Red Hat LINUX Admin” for a 1+ year contract.
5+ yrs of Windows Servers System Admin OR Red Hat Linux Server Admin exp.
You will be helping the client with Remediation of our server infrastructure. This would include both Windows and Linux admin work along with helping the applications teams with remediating their applications in some instances.
2. 5+ years of experience in Windows and Linux admin would be ideal as we are remediating the OS vulnerabilities.
3. This role will solely be focused on security vulnerability remediation efforts. OS patching, IIS and Apache patching, SNMP configuration, OS hardening, etc.
4. Red Hat exp is preferred, however, they are flexiable
PLUS SKILLS: SCMM, RedHat Satelite and Tenable
You will be working REMOTE during the entire project!!!
MUST be okay with working occasional nights/weekends
40-hour work week
The client is located in Overland Park, KS
Qualifications/Experience (Some are only PLUS SKILLS)
- Patching through Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience with utilizing Tenable to drive remediation efforts (PLUS SKILL)
- 5+ years of Windows Server systems administration OR
- 5+ years of Red Hat Enterprise Linux server administration
- Thorough understanding of IIS and Apache administration and security (PLUS ONLY)
- work efforts involving remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Manage and drive remediation efforts related to information security; remediation may be from incidents, penetration tests, vulnerability scans, internal/external audits and other assessments.
- Identify and communicate mitigation and remediation strategies.
- Perform system patching and hardening in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with IT Security, Information Technology, Legal, Human Resources and other business units to manage security risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
Technical Competency (SOME ARE ONLY PLUS)
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls.
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessment methods and technologies.
- Excellent technical knowledge of mainstream operating systems and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management (IAM) systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools.
- Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security policies, processes, procedures and standards a plus.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts.
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and to comprehend business imperatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, to provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls.