A Direct Client of Atrilogy Solutions Group is in search for a Transport Data Interconnect Engineer
to join their team in Littleton, CO
. Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of how the Internet works on a global and local basis. This role is 100% onsite (all Covid precautions are in place)
: Transport Data Interconnect Engineer
: Littleton, CO
: 6-month contract to hire
Seeking a Data Interconnect / Traffic Engineer with a deep understanding of how the Internet works on a global and local basis. Position requires a solid understanding and experience with DNS, IP addressing, BGP, etc. to support efficient, low latency processing of all client Networks mobile data traffic. Traffic is expected to grow as the new 5G national network is built and candidate should have the ability to define and specified a range of connectivity options based on changing traffic. Candidate will help write requirements for an RFP to screen ISPs for their ability to interconnect data traffic and later to manage the peering and other interconnect partners. Candidate should have familiarity to network operators and other service provider networks and processes including Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), Tier 1 ISPs and specialized carriers.
The Data Interconnect / Traffic Engineer will be responsible for evaluating and performing detailed engineering activities supporting the design, development, and optimization of the data interconnection in a wireless network. This person may also be responsible for specifying equipment, APIs, virtual resources, etc. to create world class data services for client customers.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, and contractors negotiating contract agreements to interconnect with service provider manage compliance with contract
- Define data interconnection requirements including APIs, transport interfaces and other interconnection.
- Configure peering agreements and IP transit services with ISP for the requirements for the 5G network.
- Collaborate with stake holder and other teams to assess near and long-term network capacity needs
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network and telephony configuration, High level and Low level design
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Monitor network performance regularly
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Manage data traffic flows and recommend network changes as traffic profiles change.
- Understanding of traffic engineering, Internet access services and Ethernet services
- System architecture including reliability, security and redundancy requirements.
- Working knowledge of various applicable standards and frameworks: IETF, MEF, etc.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ability to define and manage performance with SLAs and KPIs.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- 8 + years Internet / Telecommunications Network experience.
- Working knowledge of DNS, BGP and ISIS, NetFlow protocols and Cisco Routers (IOS, IOS-XR).
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, WAN Refreshment and general network management best practices
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, , design and implementation
- Working knowledge on IPv4 & IPv6 and software defined networking.
- Familiarity with optical networking, Telecom interfaces and 5G architecture
- Analyzing new network requirements, deployments, augmentations, bandwidth upgrades and software upgrades.
- Ability to write detailed technical specifications, WAN standards documentation and migration checklist and network design plans.
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately.
- Ability to delivery in fast-paced high volume environment supporting aggressive targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree preferred.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.