Atrilogy Solutions Group
has a contract to hire job opportunity with one of its direct client for a Senior Software Developer
based in Baltimore, MD
. For immediate consideration please respond with your resume in word or pdf format along with the daytime contact information. This position is 100% remote until COVID.
Sr. Software Developer (C/C++)
6 to 12 Months (Possibility of Extensions or Full Time Conversion)
Must pass a Background Check & Drug Screen
Remote Until COVID and Then Onsite
In this role you will independently design, develop, test, release, and sustain world-class software applications in a dynamic and exciting world-class company. You will take personal responsibility to make key architectural decisions. You will directly work with Product Management, Marketplace, and other outside organization to understand and refine requirements. You will work across engineering teams in multiple international locations to integrate new features and maintain existing features. You will work in a fast-paced work environment utilizing the Agile methodologies. While fulfilling responsibilities, you should adhere to best engineering practices/standards, and influence software engineers’ best practices within the team. The Search serving platform you will work on consists of numerous robust and high-performance applications running on multi-node UNIX clusters. Search back-end team processes millions of queries and generates millions of dollars every day. It is a complex system that provides opportunities for innovation, and problem solving. Developing new features for this infrastructure presents many technical challenges in the areas of distributed computing, multi-terabyte storage systems, and high-performance computing. It demands knowledge of software design principles, systems programming, algorithms, data structures, and C/C++. The focus is on building and enhancing scalable systems and modular software; measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance, and ensuring that the software will run reliably and is fault-tolerant in a 24/7 production environment.
- Build products that become a daily habit for millions of users, partners, and merchants.
- Independently design, develop, test, release, and sustain world-class software applications in a dynamic and exciting world-class company.
- Use a variety of languages and technologies to make an impact.
- Take personal responsibility to make key architectural decisions.
- Collaborate with and learn from product/business managers, engineers, and executives.
- Work across engineering teams in remote locations to integrate new features and maintain existing features.
- Lead and mentor other engineers through design and development.
- Work in a fast-paced work environment utilizing the Agile methodologies.
- Adhere to best engineering practices/standards, and Influence software engineers’ best practices within the team.
- Drive Oath Search growth in audience, engagement, and revenue globally.
- 5+ years of experience developing system and middleware software products on Linux/UNIX in C, C++, or Java
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ (Preferred) or Java
- Technical proficiency with UNIX/Linux tools and utilities
- Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, object-oriented programming, and multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- 1+ years of distributed system experience (desired)
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects (desired)
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers (desired)
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.