Our direct end-client is seeking a Transport Network Engineer – Long Haul for 6-month contract-to-hire at their location in Littleton, CO 80120.
***This role is 100% onsite***
We’re looking for experienced network professionals to join our clients Wireless 5G Network Engineering Team. The Network Engineer – Long Haul will join a team of other passionate engineers and bring a start-up spirit to evaluate, test, deploy, and optimize the company’s future standalone 5G national long-haul network. The candidate should also be innovative, analytical, a planner, have strong execution skills, and have the ability to learn, teach, and work in a team environment.
Primary responsibilities will include
- Design and implement an effective and scalable national long haul network system and solutions
- Participate in evaluation, testing, selection, and deployment of foundational network elements for a nationwide greenfield network buildout
- Ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices.
- Effectively communicate engineering solutions through detailed high and low level diagrams
- Routinely research, analyze, test, retest, and troubleshoot complex problems
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas
- Provide technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network
- Design, plan, and implement complex DWDM/SONET network at nationwide scale
- Supply advanced technical direction and leadership to the organization through the planning and implementation processes
- Establish requirements, provide analysis for network and services specifications, network design, network partitioning, and network architecture definition
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation, and integration plans on projects, and assurance of network integrity
- Work with vendors to understand best route selections and pricing
Candidate should have knowledge in the following areas:
- DWDM, SONET and Optical Transport Systems
- Infinera, Huawei, Juniper, CIENA, Cisco and other equipment providers
- Network Deployment and Implementation; FE, BOM’s, MOPs, Circuit Drawings
- IPv6 - SLAAC and DHCPv6
- Network Timing and Synchronization - GNSS, GPS, PTP
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) - Design and Traffic Engineering
Education and Experience
- Solid Understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or 7 or more years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space
- Professional networking certifications a plus- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent
- Public cloud certifications a plus - Advanced Networking, Cloud Network Engineer, or equivalent
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.