Our Direct Client is looking to hire a QA Engineer at Tempe AZ 85281. Contract to hire position
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for the test strategy, plan, script design, execution and quality documentation. They perform quality assurance, testing and the engineering of data-driven automated solutions and processes. They should possess diverse skills across QA, automation, continuous testing and DevOps. This position will be focused on (but not limited to) Integration.
- Provides quality assurance testing for systems integrations including API’s, databases, data, message brokers, and other integration capabilities.
- Conducts a full range of testing tasks including test strategy, plan and script design, execution and quality documentation.
- Analyzes functional and technical requirements and asks probing questions to fully understand needs and how they relate to current system functionality.
- Implements and leads defect management processes of the integration platform.
- Reviews application features and functions and creates test automation solutions.
- Provides expertise on the quality methodology and recommends testing approaches.
- Provides quality assurance support for integration platform environment releases.
- Provides escalated (Tier 2) application support including on-call (after hours, weekends, holidays) for priority issues. Troubleshoots complex production issues.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to collaborate with other IT teams on project assignments and problem escalation.
- Collaborates with internal and external teams to foster quality-driven strategy and execution.
- Creates or updates project artifacts using Agile processes, procedures and standards.
- Participates in, or leads, internal initiatives for the implementation, use, and improvement of processes, procedures, guidelines, and metrics for the Quality team or IT organization.
- Provides technical leadership & mentoring to less-senior members on and off the team. Consults with other teams regarding technology solutions for business needs and/or problem resolution.
- Keen attention to detail, strong organizational skills and excellent communications skills.
- Strong commitment to team environment dynamics.
- Self-motivated, critical and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated team player with skill in fostering a collaborative, team environment.
- Depth of experience with Postman, JMeter, REST API’s, SQL databases, and JSON.
- Knowledge of MS Azure capabilities including App Service, Application Insights, Azure Functions, and Azure SQL
- Experience with modern Data Driven Open-Source frameworks and libraries. Selenium preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD tools. ADO preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in integration testing and data integration patterns.
- At least 2 years of experience testing application APIs with Rest and SOA services (XML, JSON, etc.).
- Experience on one or more project teams using an Agile methodology.
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team.
- Experience writing automated tests using MS Visual Studio, C#, Specflow, and Protractor.