Role: Systems Engineer
Location: Phoenix, AZ 85054
Duration: 6+ months
Must pass a background/drug screen
- Identifies and installs system software purchases in accordance with Company policy.
- Administers and maintains at least one complex operating system environment in compliance with all standards, preference is Windows.
- Monitors and performs data integrity, backup/restore, capacity planning, and disaster recovery procedures on assigned platform(s).
- Provides Tier 2 and 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
- Assists in the development of project plans for all system software upgrades.
- Maintains and manages strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
- Ensures that assets are responsibly maintained, inventoried and/or disposed of properly.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing high level, hands-on technical support of infrastructure software platform(s). (Required)
- Must have experience managing Active Directory/Domain Controller configurations, GPO management, DNS management, DHCP setup and troubleshooting, and ADFS and AAD configuration and management.
- Certifications for VMware, Azure, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, ITIL, and/or project management.
- Has working knowledge of and may provide system support for at least one other technical platform (operating system or middleware service).
- Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others.
- Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments and tasks to completion with minimal supervision. Taking initiative and volunteering when capacity exists is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills.
- Ability to maintain a detail-oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in all currently supported technology standards in use at client
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.