Our Direct Client is looking to hire a BI Analyst.
Position : BI Analyst
Location : Phoenix AZ 85032
Full Time Direct Hire
The senior level Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for designing and developing analytics and reporting solutions that support strategic initiatives with analytical, data-driven approaches and results. Utilizes complex SQL logic and other data extraction techniques to prepare data for analysis, and leverages a variety of analytical and data mining techniques to arrive at a robust, validated result. Success in the role requires experience in financial system reporting and analytics, a deep understanding of the underlying business processes that the data reflects, and the ability to effectively communicate results to individuals at all levels of the organization.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
Education / Experience
- Serves as primary liaison with business leaders to help define analytical solutions to business issues and manage the resulting projects from inception to delivery.
- Develops complex SQL queries and other data extraction techniques to prepare data for analysis, ensuring alignment between the data and the underlying business processes that the data reflects.
- Designs, develops, monitors, and/or maintains analysis and reporting solutions, as well as the communication of results to business stakeholders.
- Partners with business leaders to understand business processes and key metrics, and then designs and delivers analytic/reporting solutions to provide management with actionable information consistent with business activities and operating plans.
- Identifies opportunities to turn analyses into ongoing reporting and develops prototypes for report automation.
- Serves as liaison between IT and the business partners to ensure appropriate communication.
- Assists BI Architect with understanding business requirements for data warehouse designs and solutions.
- Collaborates with business unit and IT management to promote and support continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s information systems.
- Performs other activities, as requested
Minimum 7+ years’ experience in data gathering, data organization, and data analysis utilizing Microsoft SQL required. SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and Power BI strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, and ETL or related experience preferred.
- Experience with Qlik Sense dashboards preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related field or equivalent industry certification and experience
- Consulting (or related) experience strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with relational database platforms, including SQL Server
- Working knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements (e.g., SOX, FERPA, GLBA, DoE Blue Book, Accreditation Standards, etc.) as they relate to data integrity and privacy
- Advanced SQL Querying skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at applying disparate elements of information to solve complex problems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential
- Competent in organizing, planning, and prioritizing work
- Consistent in providing appropriate solutions while maintaining confidentiality (as necessary) and professional decorum
- Regular business hours; overtime is required
- Occasional travel may be required