Our Direct Client is looking to hire a Translations Engineer.
Position : Translations Engineer
Location : Littleton CO
Duration : 6 Months Contract to Hire
seeking a Translations Engineer with solid voice, and mobility experience to ensure a successful deployment of voice interconnection services for Dish’s 5G Wireless Network. Team members will be responsible for design, deployment and operations of voice and/or data session routing within Dish network elements like Mobile Switching Systems (MSS), IP Multimedia Systems (IMS) Core and peering Inter-connect Session Border Controller (SBC)s. This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Manger of Translation Engineering for DISH Wireless.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define and maintain voice call routing for off-net DISH voice calling through close collaboration with DISH voice aggregator(s).
- Deployment and testing of new SIP peering partners for call delivery and enhanced services.
- Deploy route build requirements in IMS core and MSS.
- Audit supported services and network nodes to ensure call continuity after changes and software updates.
- Knowledge of trunking protocols: SS7, MF, PRI, SIP
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- Ability to explain detail without losing the conceptual idea
- Ability to mentor and support junior engineers
- Minimum B.S. electrical engineering or related discipline; Exceptional experience might be considered in lieu of education.
- 8 plus years of experience in mobile and/or landline networks and/or an over the top service (OTT) provider.
- At least 5-7 years of experience managing engineers and various stakeholders
- Strong understanding of data and VoIP network architecture, infrastructure components, Ethernet, fiber optic transport and data traffic engineering.
- Working knowledge of voice protocols and signaling requirements.
- Detailed understanding of Signaling requirements to include SS7, DSC, SIP, SBC and others.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team setting with colleagues and customers to achieve project goals.
- Understanding of IMS Architecture