Full-time/ Direct Hire
Role: IAM Security Architect
Location: 100% Remote
Must pass a background/drug screen
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) Authentication & Authorization Architect reports to the Domain Architect Lead for IAM Architecture in a hands-on role focused on the security architecture in the authentication, access controls and authorization spaces. The architect works directly with Lead Development, Engineering and Operational resources through collaboration and mentoring to shape the IAM capabilities for the firm.
The Authentication & Authorization Architect is accountable and responsible for the alignment of business, operational and security requirements and translation of those requirements into technical IAM capabilities. IAM services include, but not limited to, Identity Lifecycle Management, authentication and authorization, session management, access requests, access provisioning, access reauthorization, remote access, IAM services API, role and entitlement models, and directory technologies. The IAM Authentication & Authorization Architect will work with other Architects and Service Owners to create a roadmap that meets strategic and current requirements.
Your key responsibilities
Desired skills include:
- Extensive experience working with IAM Technologies including strong experience with Authentication & Authorization technologies and protocols such as OAuth, OIDC, SAML, RBAC, ABAC
- Must have proven experience in providing architecture guidance and advisory services to clients for various environments and systems, including application/technology blueprints, roadmaps, optimization, and migration strategies.
- Responsible for designing solutions that control access to application functionality.
- Deliver technical security configuration architecture expertise in implementing cross-organizational information sharing.
- Develop solutions and recommendations for issues caused by process challenges, emerging threats and technology changes.
- Act as trusted security architecture advisor with extensive evidence of ability to provide strategic direction in leading activities in support of Authentication & Authorization tools & technologies and enterprise security objectives.
- Provide professional knowledge and experience of information systems security identity policies and large enterprise scale practices.
- Develop security architectures, and engineering system specifications implementing centralized authorization platforms and security controls in development and operational systems.
- Solid understanding of application and systems security architecture and best practices.
- Skills and attributes for success
- The individual in this role must be well educated in general aspects of Information Security, namely:
- SME knowledge of authentication technologies and protocols
- Strong knowledge of Azure AD, Ping and Auth0 technologies
- 6+ years’ experience in hands-on Identity Management positions
- Must have experience implementing an enterprise level Authentication & Authorization infrastructure.
- Ability to secure solution architecture solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate and advocate key security requirements and control implementation to the development team
- Further, the individual must be well versed in the practices and methods within IT Services, specifically:
- IT Strategy
- Enterprise Architecture
- Frequent travel is not required for this position. However, it is anticipated that some travel may be required to participate in vendor briefings, project meetings, and/or education opportunities.
- Experience in Authorization technologies based on RBAC, ABAC and/or PBAC
- Experience designing Authorization frameworks and policies
- Significant experience in Azure AD or Auth0
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both verbally and in writing
- To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study.
- 12+ years of practical experience in the field of IT is required. 8+ years of direct Information Security experience.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.