Atrilogy’s direct client is seeking a Sr. AWS Cloud Systems Engineer
to join their team in Anaheim, CA on
The Sr. AWS Cloud Systems Engineer role is accountable for the enhancements and on-going support of enterprise-scale Cloud based technologies and instances. This includes hardware, software, network in operation and expansion as business growth requires. The position will ensure adherence to policies and controls in systems management; monitoring for optimal systems performance/response times, maintenance, capacity utilization and maintenance management of environments for operations; and provide direction and support to other team members in projects and operations support tasks.
The role includes ongoing oversight of systems in our AWS Cloud and micro-services and small on-premises environments, assessment, and resolution of reoccurring problems for continuous improvement and services quality. You will assess business and technical requirements and provide recommendations, estimates, design, and have the skill level to implement and manage. The position requires strong collaboration skills and effectively works with a wide range of internal IT groups, third party providers of services, contractors, and business departments in solutions development, projects, and problem resolution.
This is a hands-on technical role, as such, you will be accountable for enhancing and maintaining all Cloud environments, and collaborate with other IT and business teams for systems in micro-services and integrated processes, data repositories, and related services. This includes design, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading our AWS Cloud environment to ensure optimal price/performance and operational excellence. We are seeking a Cloud Solutions Engineer with strong systems administration skill, understands, and has worked in a Dev/Ops capacity. Other required attributes include broad technical expertise, an individual who is highly motivated, self-directed, and works independently as well as highly effective in team collaboration. S/He is excited about the opportunity to lead and manage our cloud solutions and systems technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Analyze technical and business needs, defines/enhances architecture, participate in the delivery of technical solutions to complex business and technical requirements, using cloud platforms.
- Installs and maintains large AWS cloud environment, supports applications and micro-services systems, applications, and associated infrastructures; manages and administers a small footprint of on-premises infrastructure systems, and other cloud (Azure) environment.
- Troubleshoots issues, works with internal IT teams and vendors in systems operations.
- Manages AWS accounts and associated billing to ensure optimal price/performance in AWS. Maintains and develops procedures and controls, and technical documentation for supported services.
- Provides support to other IT personnel in evaluations, problem resolution and continuous improvement planning and implementation.
- Engages with business departments and third-party vendors to determine requirements and develop solutions. Translates business requirements into technical design, develops plans and defines tasks for implementation, and collaborates with IT teams in development of assigned projects.
- Manages Cloud environments.
- Develops utilization and expense forecast and provides monthly reports, including variance of actual utilization and expense to forecast.
- Oversees the proper implementation and integration of web and cloud-based applications, micro-services and other related systems and applications.
- Stays informed of emerging cloud technologies and evaluates the value to the organization’s operations, provides recommendation and plans to adopt.
- Monitors and manages systems, supports other application system’s performance assessments, troubleshooting, and resolving errors.
- Leads ongoing cloud expansion as a specialist and works with internal and external resources.
- Ensures quality of the solutions are robust, scalable, and efficient to meet the needs of the business.
Required Education and Certifications
- Working level expertise in Technical Systems Engineering and Support best practices and operations management; ability to assess and resolve technical interruptions or problems and/or directly monitoring resolution.
- Highly Proficient in AWS services: API Gateway, Lambda, CloudFormation, EC2, IAM, S3, VPC, etc. Skill level to build and manage the infrastructure.
- Working level experience with Microsoft technologies: .Net Core, Web API, MVC, Windows Services, C#, SQL Server, Defender, etc. Excellent knowledge of RESTful API, API development and advanced Web Services such as WCF and WEB API.
- Experience in the development of multi-tiers software applications. Working level knowledge of application systems design and methodologies.
- Experience and technical expertise working in an Agile environment, supporting Cloud Services Systems, Full stack Application Systems, and third-party services.
- Excellent knowledge of Open API, Swagger, REST, JSON, MVC, and services-oriented architecture.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a high-volume web services and call center 24x7 business operation providing technology support, working with other IT teams (Network, Data Management, Server Computing and Peripherals, Info. Security, etc.).
- 5 years’ IT experience in medium to large company, providing day-to-day level engineering and production systems management of infrastructure (On-prem., Co-location(s), and Cloud based).
- Experience with configuration management & automation.
- Experience using Bitbucket, Jira, Git.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Broad IT operations experience and knowledge.
- 3-5 years’ in a Sr. Systems Engineer role building and supporting Cloud Solutions. Extensive experience with cloud computing and virtualization.
- Amazon AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda and Batch.
- AWS support, operation, scale, and architect to ensure high availability of all systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, preferably with multiple AWS offerings.
- Automating and streamlining standard infrastructure operations.
- Microservice Deployment Process creation, operation, and upgrades.
- Experience configuring and managing a Server-less framework. Experience with Docker.
- 3+ years’ working / leading in an AWS DevOps environment. Designs, configure, deploy, tests, and debugs new and existing cloud infrastructure. Experience and skills in Dev/Ops functions.
- Use of modern project management software such as JIRA to organize projects and track progress.
- •Experience writing code to automate the management of IT/Infrastructure services.
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices, particularly in the context of AWS, develop and manage procedures and controls.
- Shell and Python scripting experience.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, documenting and managing projects, and general system management best practices.
- Must have a good understanding of front end/client-side development and troubleshooting and back-end micro services in Lambda architecture.
- Must have a good understanding of connected embedded systems tradeoffs, protocols, etc.
- Ability to handle the most complex issues and possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solutions oriented, Proactive, and Self-Directed. Has a strong passion for “no-interruptions operations” and results oriented approaches.
- Requires attention to detail, pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance. Works effectively in stressful situations, collaborating with other team members.
- Ability to cross-train and work with other teams as needed.
- Willingness to learn new processes and technologies. Ability to master new skills quickly and apply them to improve processes.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills required.
Other Beneficial Skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or related; or equivalent college education and work experience.
- AWS certification(s) required.
- Information Security Certifications, highly preferred
- Microsoft Systems Engineer and Systems Administrator Certifications, highly preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce integrations
- Experience migrating from traditional data center-based operations and architecture to Cloud architecture.
- Network engineering or related experience
- Telephony / Call Center systems administration
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time.
All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc.
magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.